I'm going to dublin and!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisaloveliness

Reaction score
I wondered can you take nails stuff on a plane ie if i was to take a small kit to do someones nails do ya think that is ok or it would be flammable objects??

check with the airline they will be the best people to ask.

have a fab holiday!!

Hi - enjoy dublin the weather is glorious here today. Your best bet is to pop your nail stuff in a bag that you check in the hold. They won't let you on the plane with anything like an orange stick, clippers, certain files etc.

I think you'll find it is the monomer that is a problem and you will not be able to fly with this, although I have never tried.

I'm sure there has been posts on this before - Geeg I think gave some advice, so try a search.

Not sure really about posting this given what I'm about to say so mods, please remove it if you think thats appropriate.

Sorry to kind of hijack your post Lisa, but if you call to ask about anything its not always reliable info from airport or airlines phone helplines. Here's why. Needless to say this forum opened my eyes big time.

Last Decemember my hubby bought all my nail kit in my aluminium case to me in the UK on the ferry. I had gone ahead by a week on the plane and to save my weight allowance he said he would bring it. Prior to that we had called the airline to ask and detail what it is and what its for.....'hang on' says the person on the phone 'I'm not sure' and with that off he/she goes to ask and comes back with yes, will be fine just make sure everything is in the case and taped up so the case cant open. In the event he bought it over because it weighs a bloody ton. On the way back we check in and I turn round to see Stuart carrying my nail case and get stroppy because I thought it should go in the hold because of the tools (after all everything else had been ok'd by the airline). He didn't notice it until too late that he hadn't put it in to go in the hold and we were running late. Not thinking anything was wrong with taking it anyway because we had asked after all I put the case through the scanner. Now get this........its pulled to one side and the lady opens it. She asks is it mine and what is it. Its nail aquipment say I, why do I have it? Well I'm a trainee nail technician. Oh, says she, I'd love for you to do my nails! Anyway with that she opens the case and smells it, loves the smell apparently. Doesn't open the powders, but inspects my bro pusher, nippers, clippers with little files on, orange sticks, plastic pusher, my dotting tool and the little drill for piercing nail tips and after consulting with a colleague they decide that as all the blades were under a certain length and the case had been taped shut it was all fine for the cabin and they then tape it all back shut with new tape and send me on my way. I was gobsmacked about the tools. I knew as soon as I saw it hadn't gone through with the checked luggage I was going to have to leave the tools behind and replace them in Norway but no, they were cleared for the cabin.

I read the topic which was pointed to in this topic right back when that question was first asked, read Geegs reply and I was horrified but we DID ask and were told it was fine to travel with it. I'm really cross with myself for not realising about the chemicals but I guess I saw a great practice oppertunity with being with family and friends for three weeks.

Next time I'll buy the monomer and powders over there but wow, what an eye opener.

**edit** Just been reminded that they did swab it and test the swab as something had picked it up as having a trace of explosive related properties. This was looked at right away and OK'd as fine to take on board.

You definitely will get the sharps taken off you and depending how keen they are they might take the monomer. I wouldn't chance it myself. Get it well wrapped up in your case I say!!

They took a flippin' tiny Allen Key off me, didn't even know it was in the dark recesses of my handbag and not even sure how it got there!

Monomer is a no no - highly flammable. Put your tools etc. in your hold luggage and they'll be ok.

Jackie

You could ring one of the airlines.
Airlingus number in the UK is
UK Tel: +353 818 365 044

OMG.... bit of an eye opener....lol
when i flew up to manchester recently for a class... i just took my powders and i madesure thta i didnt have any monomer etc... in my case ... it was really odd nt taking half my kit for a class
it was actually v funny on the way home as my model (who is also my beauty therapist) got herself a pro pusher and it wasnt until we were in a cab to the train station that we remembered that pro pushers werent the best thing to take on a flight....lol... so instead of us getting in to troube going through the gate Sarah bought a card and she mailed the pro pusher to herself... it go tto her no probs via royal mail in the end... and the even sillier thing was i had got products for myself and i had them sent back to me from my distributor via courier... if only we had thought abt it before leaving....lololol

Jess
xox
min11 said:
Not sure really about posting this given what I'm about to say so mods, please remove it if you think thats appropriate.

Sorry to kind of hijack your post Lisa, but if you call to ask about anything its not always reliable info from airport or airlines phone helplines. Here's why. Needless to say this forum opened my eyes big time.

Last Decemember my hubby bought all my nail kit in my aluminium case to me in the UK on the ferry. I had gone ahead by a week on the plane and to save my weight allowance he said he would bring it. Prior to that we had called the airline to ask and detail what it is and what its for.....'hang on' says the person on the phone 'I'm not sure' and with that off he/she goes to ask and comes back with yes, will be fine just make sure everything is in the case and taped up so the case cant open. In the event he bought it over because it weighs a bloody ton. On the way back we check in and I turn round to see Stuart carrying my nail case and get stroppy because I thought it should go in the hold because of the tools (after all everything else had been ok'd by the airline). He didn't notice it until too late that he hadn't put it in to go in the hold and we were running late. Not thinking anything was wrong with taking it anyway because we had asked after all I put the case through the scanner. Now get this........its pulled to one side and the lady opens it. She asks is it mine and what is it. Its nail aquipment say I, why do I have it? Well I'm a trainee nail technician. Oh, says she, I'd love for you to do my nails! Anyway with that she opens the case and smells it, loves the smell apparently. Doesn't open the powders, but inspects my bro pusher, nippers, clippers with little files on, orange sticks, plastic pusher, my dotting tool and the little drill for piercing nail tips and after consulting with a colleague they decide that as all the blades were under a certain length and the case had been taped shut it was all fine for the cabin and they then tape it all back shut with new tape and send me on my way. I was gobsmacked about the tools. I knew as soon as I saw it hadn't gone through with the checked luggage I was going to have to leave the tools behind and replace them in Norway but no, they were cleared for the cabin.

I read the topic which was pointed to in this topic right back when that question was first asked, read Geegs reply and I was horrified but we DID ask and were told it was fine to travel with it. I'm really cross with myself for not realising about the chemicals but I guess I saw a great practice oppertunity with being with family and friends for three weeks.

Next time I'll buy the monomer and powders over there but wow, what an eye opener.

**edit** Just been reminded that they did swab it and test the swab as something had picked it up as having a trace of explosive related properties. This was looked at right away and OK'd as fine to take on board.

lisaloveliness said:
I wondered can you take nails stuff on a plane ie if i was to take a small kit to do someones nails do ya think that is ok or it would be flammable objects??
could you take your certificates with you and get a 'try-me-kit' over there from a supplier?

ValencianNails said:
could you take your certificates with you and get a 'try-me-kit' over there from a supplier?

Cracking idea Sandi - Lisa could even order before she goes and get the try-me kit shipped to where she's staying.

Zingara said:
Cracking idea Sandi - Lisa could even order before she goes and get the try-me kit shipped to where she's staying.

ive done that in the past.... many yrs ago when i stayed with my scottish ex b/f and his sister etc... wanted fab nails for hogmonay

Sparklepink said:
OMG.... bit of an eye opener....lol
when i flew up to manchester recently for a class... i just took my powders and i madesure thta i didnt have any monomer etc... in my case ... it was really odd nt taking half my kit for a class
it was actually v funny on the way home as my model (who is also my beauty therapist) got herself a pro pusher and it wasnt until we were in a cab to the train station that we remembered that pro pushers werent the best thing to take on a flight....lol... so instead of us getting in to troube going through the gate Sarah bought a card and she mailed the pro pusher to herself... it go tto her no probs via royal mail in the end... and the even sillier thing was i had got products for myself and i had them sent back to me from my distributor via courier... if only we had thought abt it before leaving....lololol

Jess
xox

I'm totally sure I shouldn't have been allowed to carry those things on board, or the powders etc having read Gigi's posts and a few others in the past. The look on the poor guys face coming through after me was a sight to see, he was clearly horrified but he never said a word.

min11 said:
I'm totally sure I shouldn't have been allowed to carry those things on board, or the powders etc having read Gigi's posts and a few others in the past. The look on the poor guys face coming through after me was a sight to see, he was clearly horrified but he never said a word.

well i have rang ba in the past to check .... and i just didnt wanna risk it...plus i checked with Antony as to what i really needed to take for my class ......i took all my kit as hand luggage as i wanted to know my kit was safe and when going through the scanner things all they wanted to check was my hand bag not my nail case ... both ways my bag got checked they even got my mob phone out of its wee case in my bag to check that... maybe i just have too many charms on it....lolol

Jess
xox

If you need to buy over here there's CND, Ez Flow and Star Nails - you'll need your cert for CND but not for the others. If you want to know where they are give me a shout, they're not far from where I live and if you're staying in Dublin I could always drive you over there.

Jackie
x

I came over to dublin a few weeks ago from Heathrow to run a course and bought everything with me that i usually take - as carry on, no problem at all, i even had my ezflow tool kit in my case which contains pro pushers, cuticle cutters, scissors, tweezers etc, they had a look at the tool kit in security and then just handed it back to me & said have a nice flight!

I checked it with the airline and they said that the quantities of product posed no problem.

Is it ok or isn't it then? The airline I flew with said it was fine and allowed my tools etc and its clear some of you have done too yet in the other topic its a definate no to flying with our products and kits. (hence my post earlier on in the topic)

ValencianNails said:

That sounds brill ok saves all the hassle then

Suppliers near dublin anyone got any for me !!!!!!!!!

Thanks fo all your replies:)

lisaloveliness said:
That sounds brill ok saves all the hassle then

Suppliers near dublin anyone got any for me !!!!!!!!!

Thanks fo all your replies:)

We are in Tallaght in Dublin, about 25 minutes from the airport. Our contact number is 003531 4599199. If you are Creative trained you can buy here.

HTH

Emer

Creative Nail Academy Ireland.

Latest posts

Back