im gutted.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had some fab (for me) news. My mate who is helping me collect my things tomorrow had her hair done by the hairdresser yesterday. She hated it so much shes coloured it back! Cant wait to see hairdresser's face tomorrow!! What goes around, comes around!!

Hi
I've been reading your posts, you go girl, don't let this person pull down your good work, Thinking of you
C*

Just wondered how it went for you today....keep us posted xxx

You know it's terrible that some people feel the need to put others down because of their own inadequacies (sp?) and that's what it's seems like to me, she doesn't want your nails to outshine her, some people have problems with anybody more proficient than they even if it's not in the same vein they are in, they hate to see someone professional and feel the need to spit venom on whatever they do. Don't let this discourage you. It takes all kinds and sometimes we just got to take the bitter with the sweet...Be happy!!!:hug:

I had similar problems to this in the salon that I was at. She had no touble in bad mouthing me and calling me inexperienced etc.
I never said anything and his their bad work when they were doing a colour on me they over bkeached it and then overtoned it leaving me with white green and purple knotty mess for 2 days! I had to come to work and hide my hair in a cap! Then my only option left was to go brunette (I haven't had brown hair for 10 years!)
Then I had to play up to everyone that I loved it because how could I sit in the salon and say yeah the hairdresser stuffed up really badly so I can't be blonde anymore.

Anyway I can't wait to hear how you went and I hope everythign has worked out well for you

:hug:
Hi! I have been following this post, and I'd like to share something with you.... for a number of years I worked in a salon as an aromatherapist, where it was made very clear to me that the clients belonged to the salon. Fair enough.

Whenever the owner of the salon decided I had to give a discount ("'cos she's a friend"), I had to do so. I felt pretty bad about the way I was being handled, but for a while didn't have the self-respect to do something about it. One day I did; it took time to figure out for myself that I was being too nice.

The bottom line is that you know your own self-worth. My situation sorted itself out nicely, and when I left my integrity was intact. Don't let anyone put you down sweetheart! I hope this helps.

hugs,
Cindy

Ive been following this post too. I cant believe she did that! Not only is it unprofessional but I think immature!
What happened on saturday? hope your friend told her she didnt like her hair! like you said- what goes around comes around! x

It went OK on Saturday - although I didnt get chance to tell her I wasnt coming back as she was so busy. I took my things (no doubt she will get the message) and am going to ring her today to explain (wish me luck.... its not over yet!).
The client whos nails I was going to soak off phoned her to cancel on friday - nice of her to let me know. When I walked in she said hi in a surprised kind of way. She was actually being quite sickly nice so she must have realised how she's upset me, but no apology.
To be honest, I have talked everything (and ranted a bit too) over with my boyfriend and we are both in agreement that we are not seeing each other enough - somethings got to give so this is actually quite well timed. I will give up doing nails all day on a Saturday and he will give up football on sunday (will believe it when I see it)!

hope it all goes ok hun , xx

Have just phoned her becuase I couldnt wait any longer and felt totally sick!!

She was really overly nice when I said it was me. I told her that it wasnt working out and that I wasnt seeing enough of boyf etc (a cop out I know, but just wanted to get it over with). She said that was fair enough, followed by "this isnt anything to do with Donna (client) then?" so I said that I was upset about that and that I didnt think that she handled the whole matter very well, but I just wanted to forget about it all now. She said that she hopes we can put it all behind us now (not quite an apology!!) and wished me well.

Im so pleased its over with. I can actually eat my lunch without feeling sick!!
Went and paid off my holiday afterwards so am thoroughly cheered up now.

Thanks for listening and your lovely comments peeps.

i'm glad things have worked out (after a fashion) for you. keep your chin up!! a pity you are not closer to me as i would love to have you in with me at work!!

Kimberley0699 said:
She said that was fair enough, followed by "this isnt anything to do with Donna (client) then?" so I said that I was upset about that and that I didnt think that she handled the whole matter very well, but I just wanted to forget about it all now. She said that she hopes we can put it all behind us now (not quite an apology!!) and wished me well.

Is this person the same client she badmouthed you to? She must be feeling guilty, she know she was wrong else she would have never brought it up...I'm glad everything worked out for you...let us know how the "no football sundays" go!:wink2:

Latest posts

Back