I'm loving my lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
After reading on this site a couple of weeks ago about lash tinting, I had mine done when I went for my waxing a few days ago.

I AM THRILLED! I'm very dark anyway so it had never occurred to me to have them tinted, but as someone on here said, as you age the tips of the lashes seem to fade and make the lashes appear shorter than they are!

When I tell people (mainly clients!) they are surprised because they all thought I was wearing mascara. It saves time putting it on and taking it off, no smudges, I wake up looking (a little) better, I'd recommend it to anyone!

Just a quick curl with my Tweezerman eyelash curlers and I'm done! Am one happy bunny - all thanks to this site! :hug:

After reading on this site a couple of weeks ago about lash tinting, I had mine done when I went for my waxing a few days ago.

I AM THRILLED! I'm very dark anyway so it had never occurred to me to have them tinted, but as someone on here said, as you age the tips of the lashes seem to fade and make the lashes appear shorter than they are!

When I tell people (mainly clients!) they are surprised because they all thought I was wearing mascara. It saves time putting it on and taking it off, no smudges, I wake up looking (a little) better, I'd recommend it to anyone!

Just a quick curl with my Tweezerman eyelash curlers and I'm done! Am one happy bunny - all thanks to this site! :hug:

tinting is great!!! the smallest things can make us feel gorgeous again, just goes to show if you feel good then you look good!:)

Just a quick curl with my Tweezerman eyelash curlers and I'm done!

How about having them permed? It will really finish off the look for you. :)

How about having them permed? It will really finish off the look for you. :)

Crikey I never even thought about it! Are you serious? How do they perm something that short? (sorry to be so ignorant!) :lol:

Tiny tiny rollers, the cutest things you've ever seen!

Yeah it easy. I did my own the other day - they look fab!

There are different sized rollers depending on the length of your lashes so there will be one that fits. It takes a little longer than tinting but well worth it. :)

i love having mine tinted as my eyelashes are quite long so it makes me look more awake.i would love to have mine permed.ive just not got round to it and i am not sure of anywhere in my area that does it?tinting is great though.im just waiting to get mine done again.xxxxxx

How long would an eyelash perm last? About the same as the tint?

Hi there,

You can get up to 2 / 3 months from an eyelash perm.
Depending on your rate of eyelash growth.

Tints will fade depending on your facial care routine - the amount of shampoo used/ [opens cuticle/releases colour] - scrubs & peels will fade tint's quicker

Perm - Tint - Then extend the lashes if desired.

We offer a free eyelash tint will all eyelash perms for first time clients.

Glad your happy with your pepped up peepers

XX J XX

Go on, flutter those eyelashes ... you know you want to!

I had mine tinted a few years ago, but had an allergic reaction so never again ... hyper-sensitive to anything that's me.

Go on, flutter those eyelashes ... you know you want to!

I had mine tinted a few years ago, but had an allergic reaction so never again ... hyper-sensitive to anything that's me.

Well - you are the first person who I have heard of having a reaction - thanks for telling us as it backs up the reason to have a tint skin test done!

Did you have a tint test done - was the reaction to that - please tell us all about it as it is good ammo to give to the clients when they winge about the tint test!

Well - you are the first person who I have heard of having a reaction - thanks for telling us as it backs up the reason to have a tint skin test done!

Did you have a tint test done - was the reaction to that - please tell us all about it as it is good ammo to give to the clients when they winge about the tint test!

I did have a tint test done, but nothing happened until I had it done properly if you know what I mean ... both my eyes and lashes were itching like mad, almost as if I was suffering from hayfever.

Then again, I'm allergic to lots of skincare products, even Simple and hypo-allergenic/dermatoligically tested. Finding a bottle of sun tan lotion that doesn't bring me out in a rash has been a real challenge. I use RoC, which seems to be fine.

I did have a tint test done, but nothing happened until I had it done properly if you know what I mean ... both my eyes and lashes were itching like mad, almost as if I was suffering from hayfever.

Then again, I'm allergic to lots of skincare products, even Simple and hypo-allergenic/dermatoligically tested. Finding a bottle of sun tan lotion that doesn't bring me out in a rash has been a real challenge. I use RoC, which seems to be fine.

Did you get the itching start as soon as the product was put on or did you not feel the affects until after?

I am going to use you as an example of what can happen when explaining this to my clients if that is OK.

Did you get the itching start as soon as the product was put on or did you not feel the affects until after?

I am going to use you as an example of what can happen when explaining this to my clients if that is OK.

The itching set in a couple of hours after application and it drove me nuts!

I did explain to the therapist that I was skin sensitive to most products, but she said the tint test would determine the answer. However, even though the skin test didn't product a reaction, the entire tint did ... needless to say, I shan't be doing that again.

Of course you may use this as an example when you explain the procedure to your clients :hug:

One of the ladies on my college course had a negative skin test but then reacted badly to the perm solution. Her eyes were very red and swollen and took a couple of weeks for her to be able to wear make-up again.

I don't want to put anyone off with that story because I should think that the reactions are relatively rare and it is really lovely treatment to have/offer.

There was an interesting post on this a while ago, but this has got me thinking AGAIN.

I am suffereing from a bit of pollen allergy and feel tried and sleepy and itchy pretty much everywhere at the mo. A tint/perm around that time may just make the client THINK any discomfort / itching is purely from the tint. It may not always be... Just a thought!!!!

Latest posts

Back