In despair over soak off gel!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaloNails

Reaction score
I've been using NSI Illusion for about a year now, and been buying it the last few months from Tailormade Nails since NSI haven't been stocking it. Myself and my clients really like it and are used to it. I also use Shellac as an alternative to varnish for manicure clients.

Now i find out that NSI are not going to stock it anymore and are bringing out Polish Pro instead. So i was ok about it as first, just thought i'd go from Illusion to Polish Pro and still use Shellac alongside it.

But now it seems Tailormade Nails are running out of stock of Illusion so for one i don't know what i'm going to use while i'm waiting for Polish Pro to be released.

Then i've read on Nail Angel that Polish Pro is only an alternative to varnish (like shellac). So why are NSI replacing Illusion?

I don't know if i should be looking for a new soak off gel now???

I need to get sorted with a good soak off gel because most of my clientelle have soak off gel nno, and i'm moving to new bigger salon soon!!

Have you asked the very helpful people at NSI these questions?

I hope you are buying your Shellac from the authorised distributors, because if you are not then you are probably paying more than you need to be, as a qualified professional.

I've been using NSI Illusion for about a year now, and been buying it the last few months from Tailormade Nails since NSI haven't been stocking it. Myself and my clients really like it and are used to it. I also use Shellac as an alternative to varnish for manicure clients.

Now i find out that NSI are not going to stock it anymore and are bringing out Polish Pro instead. So i was ok about it as first, just thought i'd go from Illusion to Polish Pro and still use Shellac alongside it.

But now it seems Tailormade Nails are running out of stock of Illusion so for one i don't know what i'm going to use while i'm waiting for Polish Pro to be released.

Then i've read on Nail Angel that Polish Pro is only an alternative to varnish (like shellac). So why are NSI replacing Illusion?

I don't know if i should be looking for a new soak off gel now???

I need to get sorted with a good soak off gel because most of my clientelle have soak off gel nno, and i'm moving to new bigger salon soon!!

I was using Illusion too, but when I went to Olympia & asked NSI about Illusion they were far from helpful so I spent my money on Gelish & haven't looked back.
I am finding Gelish easier to soak off than Illusion.

Dear HaloNails,

I confirm you NSI is about to launch a new product on the market called Polish Pro and like you said it is going to be a Shellac-like product. Although, Polish Pro it is not going to replace Illusion. As a matter of fact Illusion and Polish Pro are two different products, made for different purposes. They are both soakable, but while you can use Illusion to build an extension of the nail (using the tips), Polish Pro can be used only to cover the natural nail, as a polish that cures basically.

Illusion will still be produced and marketed as usual. If your distributor is not stocking it anymore, they probably decided so. If you tell me where you are located I can help you finding other distributors close to you (if there are any). In the meantime you can also take a quick look yourself at the distributors available in your area on our website: NSI Nail Salon Suppliers

Corrado Bellini of NSI

You can also take a look at the Polish Pro Step-by-Step instructions available on our website: NSI Polish Pro Kit
All the best,

Corrado

Hi, yes I buy my shellac from sweet squared.
Thanks corrado, I've had my samle kit of polish pro today, haven't had chance to try it yet but I realised from the instructions it's not a soak off gel like illusion.
I'm just hoping now that nsi uk start to stock illusion again so I can orde everything from one place.
I've asked tailor-made nails if they are going to carry on stocking illusion and it looks like they are. But I might have to ask you for local stockists if not.
I was just all in a panic the other day because with moving salons, it's a worry when you think you may be forced into changing products as well, especially when everyone likes it so much.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back