In negotiation for commission rate for brow bar in a hair salon in Barcelona

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brows to go

Reaction score
Hi
I live in Barcelona, and have set up a brow bar business and have been running it from home since August. I do services such as threading, Tinting, Lash lift, lash extensions, manicure, pedicures, shellac and minx.

Many of these services don´t exist in Spain for example threading,lash lifts and minx.... so my services are very exclusive.

I have had a good response so far, with 4 to 5 clients a week from NO CLIENT BASE.....

Now i have been approached by an english hairdresser in Barcelona, who has 5 salons in the most vibrants areas of BArcelona....and he wants me to set up in one of his hair salon.

He is located in a very busy centre...and footfall is amazing there...

He is looking for a commission for 70/30....70 to me, where i buy the product but pay my own taxes and social security.

How does this sound? As i did my maths and i was looking at 80/20 to make it worth my while. But he is not accepting and said if i reach 100 in a day, its onlly 20euros to him and not very interesting....so negotiated to 75/25, and he pays for half of the any marketing we did...he still is accepting.

I know i am in spain and totally different systems, and i can't compare apples and pears....but just wanted a rough comparison how it worked in the UK??

Would rent per day be a better solution???How much in UK city centre´s would that be in a hair salon??? Is it per day? per week? or per month??? But starting with not many clients would be risky to pay him a fixed rate... just wanted peoples thoughts...as there are no forums like this in spain!!! :( I hope someone can shed some light???

i will use his table and chairs for mani and pedi´s and his hairdressing chairs for the threading etc...

Last edited:
That sounds quite good to me.

I would say a 60/40 is more common.

Sounds fab, def think a percentage is the safer option ESP when starting out!

Good luck and enjoy

i would go for it he have a large clientbase and footfall having 4 salons so 70/30 seems very fair

yes i think i will! Do you think after gaining an established client base and know my regular income, it would be a good idea for me to switch to paying a fixed rate rent???

Hi

Many of these services don´t exist in Spain for example threading,lash lifts and minx.... so my services are very exclusive.

Not true , who told you this x

Omg I am soooo envious lol. I love Barcelona, been going every year for the past 30, and would love to live there. The negotiation that you have struck seems a really good one, maybe what you might want to think about is have exclusivity within all his salons, he might see how the service goes and then offer it in his other salons,but you've done all the hard work. Good luck with it all x

Hi
I live in Barcelona, and have set up a brow bar business and have been running it from home since August. I do services such as threading, Tinting, Lash lift, lash extensions, manicure, pedicures, shellac and minx.

I have had a good response so far, with 4 to 5 clients a week from NO CLIENT BASE.....

Now i have been approached by an english hairdresser in Barcelona, who has 5 salons in the most vibrants areas of BArcelona....and he wants me to set up in one of his hair salon.

He is located in a very busy centre...and footfall is amazing there...

He is looking for a commission for 70/30....70 to me, where i buy the product but pay my own taxes and social security.

How does this sound? As i did my maths and i was looking at 80/20 to make it worth my while. But he is not accepting and said if i reach 100 in a day, its onlly 20euros to him and not very interesting....so negotiated to 75/25, and he pays for half of the any marketing we did...he still is accepting.

I know i am in spain and totally different systems, and i can't compare apples and pears....but just wanted a rough comparison how it worked in the UK??

Would rent per day be a better solution???How much in UK city centre´s would that be in a hair salon??? Is it per day? per week? or per month??? But starting with not many clients would be risky to pay him a fixed rate... just wanted peoples thoughts...as there are no forums like this in spain!!! :( I hope someone can shed some light???

i will use his table and chairs for mani and pedi´s and his hairdressing chairs for the threading etc...

70/30 is great, 75/25 is even better. I'd not push it no more. The industry average is 60/40 which being a % is going to be good everywhere.

60/40, the higher goes to who buys the product used in most case's. xoxo

I'd biet his hand off! That's a very generous offer to you.

As an aside, I wouldn't take any notice of footfalls etc. I know of a Brow Bar who went into the Westfield shopping malls with prime position and she was lucky if she got a few clients a day.

Don't lay out too much on fitting the place out and keep your prices good and you'll both be laughing.

Good luck. x

I used to live and work in Spain. I was offering Minx back in 2006. I had to purchase them from America as there wasn't a supplier in Spain then.

Anyway, the percentage sounds good. Do this to start off with and then when you have a good client base, perhaps change over to a rent then. Just see how it goes first. Good luck. Would love to move back to Spain myself. Miss it. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back