Inappropriate male client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a good idea AcidPerm i dont know why i didn't think of that. Thank you for that advice

Discretely record the appointment using your phone.
Don't try to set him up but just wait until he starts his nonsense.

Your boss is legally obliged to keep you safe from harrassment and if they do nothing about it, they can be sued by you in an Employment Tribunal.

Afterwards, show your boss the evidence and insist that the boss looks after his appointments in future. Failing that, take it further with support from Citizens Advice.

Sexual harrassment is no joke.

Are you allowed to record him without his knowledge?

I think that your management is being ridiculous. It shouldn't matter if he's joking or if you're being 'pathetic' or over sensitive or not. If you're not comfortable with a client or a treatment. You shouldn't have to do it.

Are you allowed to record him without his knowledge?

I think that your management is being ridiculous. It shouldn't matter if he's joking or if you're being 'pathetic' or over sensitive or not. If you're not comfortable with a client or a treatment. You shouldn't have to do it.
Oh yeah..
Hmmm i dunno? I think so too especially with the things he says its disgusting ones a wimp and the other obviously thinks im pathetic

Having had a quick look, as its a public place you should be fine?

Oh yeah..
Hmmm i dunno? I think so too especially with the things he says its disgusting ones a wimp and the other obviously thinks im pathetic

your not planning to publicly broadcast it, you just want to prove that he is acting inappropriately towards you ... I wouldn't think twice about recording him. perv

I think your manager has behaved appallingly. My member of staff had quite an unpleasant man in. All I was concerned about was if she was okay. He came in once more and I treated him and at the end of his treatment I said we wouldn't book him in again. We didn't offer the massage he wanted. He needed remedial massage :D

The point is that he was a twat and none of us need the money that badly.

You have a couple of options.

Do a really bad cut and poke him in the head with scissors.

Phone in sick.

Do the treatment well and record him as suggested.

He's a twat. Good luck. Report back.

Shame we can't record him live on salon geek x

Phone is sick haha, thats what my fella told me to do . I just hope if i record him ill catch it properly because obviously I'll have to hide it.

And yes he is a twat. A pervy gigantic twat

You could embarrass him... Depending on how confident you are.

Midway through the treatment (or after he's inappropriate) walk away saying something very loudly, 'how dare you! No I DO NOT offer any 'extras' sir. No matter how much you offer me.'

I do like @squidgernetball's idea of poking him with the scissors

You could embarrass him... Depending on how confident you are.

Midway through the treatment (or after he's inappropriate) walk away saying something very loudly, 'how dare you! No I DO NOT offer any 'extras' sir. No matter how much you offer me.'

I do like @squidgernetball's idea of poking him with the scissors
i have no idea if thats supposed to be funny.. but LOL

To be honest I would be telling my manager that I was intending to record todays session and that if I do get proof of his awful behaviour it would be used to sue them for not looking after your best interests as harrasment in the workplace is definatley not something they should be ignoring (& making you feel bad about saying a client is behaving in an inapropriate way).
This should kick your manager into acting they way they should and put your best interests as a member of staff before money or upseting clients also proving that your a tough cookie and will take this all the way if forced to (including doing them for allowing sexual harrasment to occur after it being reported to them).
Good luck tomorrow whatever route you decide to take hun.

Thank you all for your advice and reassurance. Seems the only people who think im overreacting is my management. Sure they'd feel differently if the shoe was on the other foot. Thanks xx

Your boss seems great and supportive.. Not!

Good luck, no one deserves to be spoken to in that way! Xx

just out of curiosity do you work in a chain salon? if you do then i would also raise your concerns to the way you have been treated by your management team to the hr department. they should then review this issue internally and ensure that all procedures with regards to harassment in the work place and work place bullying are followed. i would also be recording any and all conversations with other staff including management in regards to this issue. use your phone or if you have one a dicta phone, then type them up fully on a laptop and save them. also if you can move the recordings to your computer from your phone so that they are date and time stamped that way if this does go further then others cannot try and wriggle out of it claiming that these conversations never happened or did not occur at time stated.

i hope this issue is resolved today for you but if its not then i really would advise the legal advise route for both harassment in the work place and work place bullying as effectively this is what your management are doing, they are not listening to your concerns and nor are they taking appropriate action and dont get me started on the issue of talking about your concerns to others.

Already feeling anxious and hes not in until 12... lets hopehe doesnt tell me how he and his wife never have sex. Yuck

God I'm not even part of the hair group and want to know what's happened! [emoji87]

Thinking of you ....

Loll... nothing happened. He was perfectly well behaved. I even had my phone on record that doesnt mean hes stopped though as hes been good before he's just hit and miss..

I was told that i need to tell him.... tut.

just out of curiosity do you work in a chain salon? if you do then i would also raise your concerns to the way you have been treated by your management team to the hr department. they should then review this issue internally and ensure that all procedures with regards to harassment in the work place and work place bullying are followed. i would also be recording any and all conversations with other staff including management in regards to this issue. use your phone or if you have one a dicta phone, then type them up fully on a laptop and save them. also if you can move the recordings to your computer from your phone so that they are date and time stamped that way if this does go further then others cannot try and wriggle out of it claiming that these conversations never happened or did not occur at time stated.

i hope this issue is resolved today for you but if its not then i really would advise the legal advise route for both harassment in the work place and work place bullying as effectively this is what your management are doing, they are not listening to your concerns and nor are they taking appropriate action and dont get me started on the issue of talking about your concerns to others.

Sorry didnt see this. Thats what i said to the girl who told me they're basically bullying me by ridiculing me like that. Thankyou ill be taking that advice from now on
No i dont work in a chain its a very small salon. One where my boss and manager make friends with clients, including said mans wife x

Latest posts

Back