Income spreadsheet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
I have created a spreadsheet workbook to help you keep a track of your salon income.
It has space for 5 years' takings so you can either use it to retro analyse, or you can use for now and in the future. What it will help you to do is see the trends, and it calculates how much of an uplift (or drop) in your "same month last year" takings.
I use this every day to log how much I've taken in treatments and retail. It also tells you your % split between treatments and retail. I'm on a mission to raise my retail split to 30% but it hovers persistently at around 28% - gah!
I've put it on dropbox.
The way you access it is by sending me your name and email address and I will add you to the dropbox folder.
If you don't know what dropbox is here is the link:
www.dropbox.com

I suggest that as soon as you get it you save a copy so that if you make a mistake you can always go back to the original.
I have entered some dummy data so you can see what it looks like - just clear the contents of those cells.
There are two charts on the summary data sheet too. These show your monthly trends - so you can see at a glance which months are busier than others. It will help you to plan your marketing, and possibly your holidays if, like me, you're a workaholic and you want to lose the least amount of money possible!
You need to be au fait with excel, but I've created it in open office format too for those of you who don't want to line Mr Gates' pockets!
I'll clear a bit of space in my inbox - I'm almost full at the mo.
Any questions do ask, but if you really don't know how to use excel then this is possibly not for you.
Hope it's useful to you.

Ooo me me please!!! What a lovely idea Lynne ~ thank you! I'll pm you my details now xx

You're added Shellie - let me know if there are any problems with the download.

Yes please, me too. Pming you now x

Thanks Lynne x

Thank you Lynne ~ that is amazing!!! I'm looking forward to using it xx

Oo me too please. I'll PM you now. Thanks xx

Me too please. Thanks so much Lynne. M.

Becki, you're added.

Moira, you too.

Hi,can I be added too :) will pm now x

That's such a help! Please add me!!

To all of you who have asked, you've all been added. Check your email for the Dropbox invitation.
I will upload a sheet in the older version of excel in a wee while.

I'm also going to add some research docs and articles which I think might be interesting and useful for people.
Please can you let me know if the spreadsheet is helpful?
Thanks!

Hi Lynne,

I got my invite. Thank you!

David :D

Lynne thank you this is so thoughtful of you :) hope is ok to send you my details also <3 x

Me too please! Thank you :D

OK chaps, when you download the spreadsheet don't save it back into Dropbox, save it onto your own computer, otherwise we'll all be able to see your takings!
The sheet for excel 97 is on there now too.

Just wanted to say a big thanks. It's brilliant xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back