Indian Head Massage - what do you do when..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairchild

Reaction score
Did an IHM this afternoon and my client fell fast asleep whilst I was working on her neck! Some of the moves are fine because I could support her head but I did not want to put a support behind her neck until I had finished working on the back of her head! I had to try and support her as much as I could with one hand but obviously had fun as some of the moves are done with both hands! Just wondered if any of you had an ideas? Thanks all.

hi when i work on the neck i support the head with one hand across the forehead and lay the clients head on a rolled towel which is rested across my chest i work on the neck using one hand doing each side one at a time hope this helps a little hard to explain alternatavly you could use a chair where the client leans forward on a support i got mine for about £150 on ebay

Ok I know this is not traditional, but I get the client sitting on a stool/chair, facing my couch, I then roll a
towel and put it on the couch they lean forward putting there forhead on the towel, there arms kind of sprawled on the couch. I then can easily do the top of there back, neck, and back of the head. I do half like this. Then I get them to hop onto the couch do the rest of the head, ears and face. So even though they have to move, they can fully relax supported the whole treatment. Hth. Xx

IHM is performed on an ordinary chair with the client seated upright.

If the client falls asleep, support them and continue doing the treatment with one hand, swap hands to complete both sides.

I once supported a 20 stone man whilst he sat on a stool with no back to it (the spa I worked at insisted that they sat on a stool for some reason) and slept for 20 minutes. I still gave him a full treatment albeit with one hand at a time.

New I'd get a remark!

Thank you for your replies and for sharing the ways you deal with sleeping clients. Not a problem I am complaining about - just keen to ensure the client is comfortable but also gets a good treatment. :)

Latest posts

Back