Individual eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphy01

Reaction score
Hi all! So today I did my third set of lashes since passing the course. Just feeling a bit [emoji30]it took me almost 3 hours and I still had quite a few lashes that I didn't get round to doing (although I must add it wasn't particularly noticeable once I finished up). Separation I'm struggling with massively. I find I can separate at the top but they are often crossed over at the base of the lash. Corner lashes in particular I find tricky. When wiping the glue along the natural lash it sometimes caused the glue to go onto the eye patch and I found a couple of her lashes were getting stuck to that so I had to use to remover to unstick them. I've always enjoyed adding new treatments but I just feel a bit deflated tonight. Does it get easier and quicker? Do you ladies literally cover every single natural lash? I feel this is impossible and that I might never get there [emoji51]

Oh my goodness it is like you have spoken my thought. Did my third set today. I stuck lashes to the eye pad and had to get remover on them. The end result I was semi pleased with but it took forever. You can only lash lashes that are suitable. Baby lashes are not strong enough to hold a lash. My trainer told me to avoid thick long lashes because they are nearing the end of their life and so will fall out soon taking your extension with it. It's all so complex. I am determined to get good but it is going to take some real patience. Do you have a picture of your lashes. X

Oh my goodness it is like you have spoken my thought. Did my third set today. I stuck lashes to the eye pad and had to get remover on them. The end result I was semi pleased with but it took forever. You can only lash lashes that are suitable. Baby lashes are not strong enough to hold a lash. My trainer told me to avoid thick long lashes because they are nearing the end of their life and so will fall out soon taking your extension with it. It's all so complex. I am determined to get good but it is going to take some real patience. Do you have a picture of your lashes. X

I'm so glad it's not just me. Like you said the end result wasn't terrible but I didn't come away feeling confident. I find the separation so tricky and I no doubt got 2 stuck together at some point. After 3 hours I couldn't focus properly and had to stop. How girls manage to get every single lash done and in good time I do not know?! I've not got a picture yet! Have asked the client to send me one if she can.

You are by no means alone. The separation is so tricky. Especially when you have lashes going in all directions. I struggle with mapping too. Knowing what is going to suit my client etc. Though I have decided to just concentrate on mastering technique and speed for now. Do you have a Facebook page etc. I would love to follow you. May be we can help each other. I am on facebook under Miss Jules Beauty xxx

Lash extensions do take quite a while to master so dont be disheartened and dont worry how long a set takes you. The application is far more important than the time it takes you.
It does seem like you were taught a bit of a dated application which does make it harder. Years ago we used to swipe the extension but nowadays you just dip and shimmy which uses a lot less adhesive (hence not clumping lashes together), it helps to set the adhesive quicker and it is also easier to do.
I know you have just paid for the training so the last thing you want to do is pay more but it might be worth doing a couple of hours tutoring before you pick up bad habits which are then hard to break? x

You are by no means alone. The separation is so tricky. Especially when you have lashes going in all directions. I struggle with mapping too. Knowing what is going to suit my client etc. Though I have decided to just concentrate on mastering technique and speed for now. Do you have a Facebook page etc. I would love to follow you. May be we can help each other. I am on facebook under Miss Jules Beauty xxx

Thank you that's very reassuring [emoji106]I do indeed it's under Flair Beauty. Definitely up for that. Need all the help I can get. My last two sets are on my page to view.

I can't find u hun. There's a few that come up. X

Lash extensions do take quite a while to master so dont be disheartened and dont worry how long a set takes you. The application is far more important than the time it takes you.
It does seem like you were taught a bit of a dated application which does make it harder. Years ago we used to swipe the extension but nowadays you just dip and shimmy which uses a lot less adhesive (hence not clumping lashes together), it helps to set the adhesive quicker and it is also easier to do.
I know you have just paid for the training so the last thing you want to do is pay more but it might be worth doing a couple of hours tutoring before you pick up bad habits which are then hard to break? x

That's interesting because I was just watching a few you tube videos and they also put the lashes on without swiping. Shame it's dated training yet I've only just done the course! But frustrating but there you go. Well thank you for your help and advice I'll definitely give this a go. x

I also learnt the swiping way which meant I kept sticking lashes together my first few applications were disastrous from glueing lashes to pad to sticking lashes together. So I have learnt theres no need to swipe I use a glue that allows 2 or 3 seconds before drying which means I can position the lash before it sets. I nearly gave up as it was so hard to get the hang of but now I am starting to enjoy it. Hope you start to feel better about it to xx

I also learnt the swiping way which meant I kept sticking lashes together my first few applications were disastrous from glueing lashes to pad to sticking lashes together. So I have learnt theres no need to swipe I use a glue that allows 2 or 3 seconds before drying which means I can position the lash before it sets. I nearly gave up as it was so hard to get the hang of but now I am starting to enjoy it. Hope you start to feel better about it to xx

Thank you that's very helpful. I felt like giving up tonight but after reading comments on here tonight I now feel much better and more positive. Will keep going! What glue are you referring to pls? Would like to give it a try x

Aww I'm glad your feeling better I have felt exactly the same. I'm using the eyelash emporium medium velocity glue xx

Aww I'm glad your feeling better I have felt exactly the same. I'm using the eyelash emporium medium velocity glue xx

Great I'll try that thank you. Do you use glue and lash rings?

I tried the glue rings but I prefer the jade stone x

So try isolating from the base rather than the tips, when you open your tweezers round the natural lash open them fully, it will get all those pesky tiny lashes away from the lash you are wanting to lash.

Application wise, forget swiping up the natural lash, you only need a small amount of glue so there should be no balls of glue on the extension you are going to apply, if there is pull it back through the adhesive slowly it will get rid of any excess (don’t swipe it up the pad as a lot do on the you tube vids as this will cause poor retention) then when you are applying the lash just place it gently onto your natural lash close to the base just not touching. lie it gently, dont be pressing it on as it will stick to the under eye pads and you dont want that to happen. As you speed up you can get faster glues.

That's really helpful will try when I'm next doing lashes thanks xx

So try isolating from the base rather than the tips, when you open your tweezers round the natural lash open them fully, it will get all those pesky tiny lashes away from the lash you are wanting to lash.

Application wise, forget swiping up the natural lash, you only need a small amount of glue so there should be no balls of glue on the extension you are going to apply, if there is pull it back through the adhesive slowly it will get rid of any excess (don’t swipe it up the pad as a lot do on the you tube vids as this will cause poor retention) then when you are applying the lash just place it gently onto your natural lash close to the base just not touching. lie it gently, dont be pressing it on as it will stick to the under eye pads and you dont want that to happen. As you speed up you can get faster glues.

Great tips thank you [emoji106]

Latest posts

Back