Individual flare lashes/cluster lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolemathew

Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of cluster lashes with the salon systems glue in black, I have been getting on okay with it but I was wondering if anyone recommends any other glues that work better. I had no problems when I first started using it but recently I don't feel that it works very well, does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

i use Due eyelash adhesive and works pretty well for me, also doesn't dry as quick as the salon system. hope this helps :)
also, check if your glue hasn't gone off, that could be other problem, and temperature as well.

I wondered if they had changed the formula - I used to use it years ago but stopped because I felt it was too strong for cluster lashes and I wasn't keen on using the remover as it can damage your eyes. I recently bought some again on a whim when I was doing a bulk order for the lashes themselves, and it seems totally different - the colour (I've only ever used black) of it was odd, it seemed runnier and it didn't stick the same. I'm going to stick with Ardell from now on, the clear individual lash glue works well for me.

By rights you are only supposed to use strip lash glue with clusters they should only be stopping on a day or so or you can be doing damager to your clients natural lashes using stronger adhesives to make them stop on longer [emoji17]

By rights you are only supposed to use strip lash glue with clusters they should only be stopping on a day or so or you can be doing damager to your clients natural lashes using stronger adhesives to make them stop on longer [emoji17]

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.I don't think anyone here has suggested they want or expect cluster lashes to last an inappropriate length of time. The issue I have had with Salon Systems glue (which is, incidentally, marketed for use with cluster lashes and is the glue used by the school where I did my VTCT qualification covering cluster lash application) is not that I want the lashes to 'stop on longer' but that it doesn't actually adhere in the first place: the lashes just fall immediately. I don't have this problem with the Ardell glue, which is also easily removed at the end of the day/evening. I don't personally like strip lash glue for cluster lashes as the texture of it leaves too much residue on the lash line and it looks gloopy. That's probably lack of technique at applying using that type of glue but in any event I haven't had any issues with Ardell. It is a runny texture which makes it easy to get a tiny amount on the bulb of the lash and it lasts the same time as strip lash glue.

Latest posts

Back