INFECTED FINGER healed, nail plate ripped off, now she wants nails- best method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik

Reaction score
Hello, I had a customer who injured her nail in a domestic dispute which cause her to rip her nail off which caused an infected. she is now healed. however her nail has not grown back at all. she loves her nails and want them back on. I am worried about causing further damage if i applied acrylic over it. she clearly cant have a tip attached. PLEASE I NEED YOU ADVICE :eek:

Do you have a photograph you can post?

hey, no i dont but i can get one. her nail bed has been pulled out from within....

hey hun, i just uploaded a pic

Attachments

• 296801_305787619438193_100000208736469_1432411_1029646508_n.jpg
    296801_305787619438193_100000208736469_1432411_1029646508_n.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 4,745
I would be inclined to avoid for a while just my opinion, I have applied an acrylic toenail to just the nail bed before just for nites out/weddings etc, but this is always on well healed areas that had the toenails removed properly and healded fully, just makesure you reassure your client that it will grow back in time and that you are trying to save her natural nail and the importance of this than she will not go to another salon that won't care and just stick one on!!! HTH x

I would be inclined to avoid for a while just my opinion, I have applied an acrylic toenail to just the nail bed before just for nites out/weddings etc, but this is always on well healed areas that had the toenails removed properly and healded fully, just makesure you reassure your client that it will grow back in time and that you are trying to save her natural nail and the importance of this than she will not go to another salon that won't care and just stick one on!!! HTH x

Hi,

When you say an acrylic toe nail do you mean a tip or a scupltured nail. Just curious as I had my toe nail permanently removed and was wondering if i could put anything onto my toe. x

Honistly I wouldn't be applying anything to this there is bits of skin and nail still hanging off I would be worried that I would cause more damage than good it needs to heal properly as in the nail plate growing up more and the bits of nail that are hanging off waiting for tem to grow so they can be removed that's just my opinion xx

hey hun, i just uploaded a pic

Ooh this happened to my right thumbnail about 4 years ago. I trapped it in the hinge of a door and it became badly bruised. (oh the pain:cry:) After a few weeks it came off. A new one started to grow back not long after but became infected. I had to go to the doctor who gave me some topical medication to use which I did. Eventually it grew back. Took ages though and because I have damaged my nail bed the nail is only attached halfway so I keep it at a reasonable length. No one can tell but me. I love my nails and have always looked after them. So I was gutted when this happened. Could have been worse though as I could have lost my finger. Lol. It's like I have slight nail separation so I make sure I keep it clean to avoid another infection.:biggrin:

Yeah charlie, it was a sculpted nail, thet don't always last long but long enough for a special occassion :) x

It looks pretty sore and is it wet? It looks weepy to me, but I can't tell by the picture. I think I would err on the side of caution and leave it be for a while 'til it looks better. Poor girl..

Latest posts

Back