Infill/backfil, re-balance pricing question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layrex9

Reaction score
Hello all,

Was just hoping for a bit of advice. I am in the process of doing my lovely new pricelists and this later evening when I have finally decided (been umming and ah-ing about this for ages!) I will give the go ahead one way or another regarding the price structure. I have had people in my salon with 6 week growth, mainly they come back 2-3 weeks but I have a lot of 4-weekers. Problem is, I use hand files and it takes me two hours to do this and I find I use considerably more product than a two-week. I have said on my leaflet that "two week re-balances are strongly advised and after 3.5 weeks or more, following the application of the original set, an extra £5.00 will be charged for the extra time incurred and product used." Problem is that I don't want to upset anyone because until now I have charged £24.00 for the re-balance - any thing be it pink and white, one colour, etc. Should I just leave it as it is and just take the extra time?

On my price list I have set prices for re-balances....
Clients have to know from the get-go that you will be charging for the different weeks as ...you do use more product and time "fixing" there nails....

This is what I did....set your price for the two week re-balance...
then I added $5.00 for ever-week until 6 weeks (sometimes this adds up to more than the full set.....)......after 6 weeks ....then they are charged the same as a full set.....plus the soak off charge......

I think if you put a notice up in writing a month before you change the prices you won't have that many clients complaining......and you can say something like this.......

Due to the rising cost of product and my time limits ....I will now be charging $$..(whatever) for every week over the recommended 2 week mark....

For clients who want to push it to 15 days instead of 14 ...charge the 3 week price....don't let the client bully you !!

My rebalance is now the same price as my full set,

I dont charge highly anyway, so I dont see why I should charge less for a service that will take me the same amount of time,

imo a rebalance is a new set with extra work for the nail technician,(all that filing )

So client either pays it ...or pays extra for a soak off and new set (which would make no sense whatsoever)
Or they self remove their nails...which I notice and explain if they continue to self remove (with teeth grrrr) then the day will come when I can no longer apply enhancements .
You could apply an extra charge hun, hopefully this will put them off waiting so long x

So you charge £24 for a rebalance if its within 2 weeks and an extra £5 if they go over this period

so how about this for rebalance prices 2 weeks £24, 3 weeks £29, 4 weeks £34 and anything over 4 weeks they will have to pay the price of a full set

So you charge £24 for a rebalance if its within 2 weeks and an extra £5 if they go over this period

so how about this for rebalance prices 2 weeks £24, 3 weeks £29, 4 weeks £34 and anything over 4 weeks they will have to pay the price of a full set

This is a wonderful idea - I would love to do it, I just feel soooooo guilty! And I shouldn't I suppose. But if I don't do something I shall get annoyed with myself for being a softie!! :confused:

My rebalance is now the same price as my full set,

I dont charge highly anyway, so I dont see why I should charge less for a service that will take me the same amount of time,

imo a rebalance is a new set with extra work for the nail technician,(all that filing )

So client either pays it ...or pays extra for a soak off and new set (which would make no sense whatsoever)
Or they self remove their nails...which I notice and explain if they continue to self remove (with teeth grrrr) then the day will come when I can no longer apply enhancements .
You could apply an extra charge hun, hopefully this will put them off waiting so long x

Yes Emma, I can certainly see your logic. It takes me 2 hours to re-balance pink and white with my trusty hand files, and sometimes they have grown out so far it has taken me 2.5 hours!!! Today I had a lady in who has a very hands-on job and I think she was quite suprised when I said most people came for 2 week re-balances. Now this lady has lovely nails and they do not lift but when that balance goes, two had cracked today and (literally only in the last 48 hours) people wait (I find) until they get to the messy stage before coming. Thing is, it makes my job a bit of a nightmare and nobody likes it when I suggest having a nail soaked off and applied from scratch, when there are cracks/breakages. I do quite like the idea of doing one price for 2 weeks, 3 weeks and 4 weeks though - I bet that is a deterrant! But if I were to do that I feel I am being a bit draconian, and I only opened my shop in December so don't want to upset anybody! :cry: Would it put people off having their nails done altogether inthe first place if they thought it was costly and they had to stick to a regular regieme?

Latest posts

Back