Infill, backfill, rebalance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpleivy

Reaction score
Hi

Yes, I'm still feeling new!

Are the terms above used interchangably, or are any of them different to the others.

PurpleIvy

Hiya!

In my understanding, Infill/Backfill are one in the same, basically replaceing product into the growth area, where as rebalance is exactly that, rebalancing the apex, and smile line as well as filling in growth at zone 3.

Hope this helps :hug:

Hi.

This is my interpretation.

An infill is simply filling in the gap at the cuticle and nothing more.

A backfill is moving the white smile line back as it grows out and nothing more.

I prefer to use the term rebalance because I never simply put more product on, like most techs I shorten the nails, move the apex back, general tidy and then apply new product, thereby totally rebalancing the shape of the nails.

I use the term French rebalance for when I move the white smile line back as it grows out as well as doing all the aforementioned to the nails.

That is my understanding of the terminology and what I use.

But clients still call it an infill as if you just stuff a bit of product in there and that's it.:irked: You try to educate them but they sometimes don't care what it's called as long as their nails look great :rolleyes:

Hi.

A backfill is moving the white smile line back as it grows out and nothing more.

I prefer to use the term rebalance because I never simply put more product on, like most techs I shorten the nails, move the apex back, general tidy and then apply new product, thereby totally rebalancing the shape of the nails.

I use the term French rebalance for when I move the white smile line back as it grows out as well as doing all the aforementioned to the nails.

But clients still call it an infill as if you just stuff a bit of product in there and that's it.:irked: You try to educate them but they sometimes don't care what it's called as long as their nails look great :rolleyes:

I like the way you use the word rebalance and then french rebalance, I'd never thought about it that way before!:)

Thanks for your help with this... if anyone else has anything to add, please do so!

for me thats the way i refer to the three

Hi.

If we are all trying to raise the standards of our industry, and differentiate ourselves from NSS salons, then we MUST adopt a more professional language! And this is it ;)

Throw out the words FILLS, BACKFILLS, INFILLS, etc. Adopt a more technical jargon, and show the professional you ARE.:green:

Hi.

I pretty much call it the same as you..definitley the term french reb i use for replacing the white. On the term of a infill..i dont find it used at all..apart from techs who have been in the game for many years. I understand that term to be a outdated term for a refill..my system of booking is clients who come two weekly have a refill..(at less of a price) than those who come 3-4 weekly..who by then usually need zone 1 white or coloured placement adjusted..this is the way i was taught..and still am..the client has a choice then, IYKIWM
icon_wink.gif

I presume these terms would still apply with Biosculpture Gel, which is what I have trained in.

Latest posts

Back