Infill Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Envi

Reaction score
Just feeling really disheartened today, was beginning to get a little bit of confidence and feel my nails were coming on a little bit, though still far from perfect, but I'm still really struggling with infills when trying to get the line invisible. I think I must be holding the file at the wrong angle as I'm just doing what Gigi says in her book "chasing the line up the nail". I've read the tutorials and more but still not getting it, think I should've stuck to my typing job :cry:. Wish I was nearer Edinburgh so I could have a one to one with Fee, please Fee can you hurry and get a date organised for a rebalance class, I'm getting desperate :lol:. Any help gratefully received as I've got another infill today. Did any of you every feel you were out of your depth and had bitten off more than you could chew with this job, as that's how I'm feeling at the moment :cry:

Filing lifting is challenging, if you are experiencing quite a bit of lifting then sometimes I find it easier to file over the entire enhancement and thin it down a little bit first (especially if in the early stages of doing enhancements when they tend to be a little bit thicker), then continue with the filing technique where you file the enhancement at the point where it is attached and the lifting begins, as you file down to the new seal the lifted area will flake away and you will have caused no damage to the natural nail with the file. Another tip is to reduce your grit size once the lifted matter has flaked away so you can bevel the new seal smooth.:)
I hope this explanation helps.
Andreax:hug:
p.s we all have experienced challenges along our journey in the "wonderful world of nails" 10+ years I still have challenges:green:, I do get a buzz though when I have overcome the challenge, I then look forward to what's next to learn:)

Just feeling really disheartened today, was beginning to get a little bit of confidence and feel my nails were coming on a little bit, though still far from perfect, but I'm still really struggling with infills when trying to get the line invisible. I think I must be holding the file at the wrong angle as I'm just doing what Gigi says in her book "chasing the line up the nail". I've read the tutorials and more but still not getting it, think I should've stuck to my typing job :cry:. Wish I was nearer Edinburgh so I could have a one to one with Fee, please Fee can you hurry and get a date organised for a rebalance class, I'm getting desperate :lol:. Any help gratefully received as I've got another infill today. Did any of you every feel you were out of your depth and had bitten off more than you could chew with this job, as that's how I'm feeling at the moment :cry:

There was only slight lifting at the sidewalls on a couple of nails where I had probably gone too near the skin, but its getting the line to blend/dissapear I'm having difficulty with, as you could still see it through some of the nails when I had finished the infill. I did wonder if they were slightly too thick to begin with and maybe this caused the problem. As I know I'm making them too bulky at zone 2, but I am trying to remedy this.

Sidewall lifting is a pain to get rid of. Best thing is to work out why you are getting it (which you are already thinking of) and remedy it. xx

You shouldn't be chasing the line ..... you should be sneaking up on it.

Start your file preparation at zone one and work back to any lifting to avoid any chasing !! Never file on top of the lift .. only on the product that is adhered to the surface of the nail. The lift will just flake off easily.

Side wall lifting is something you do not want at all. Make sure you PRESS the product firmly onto the surface of the DRY nail in the side wall area.. Make sure it is dry in those side walls ... this is where it can stay moist if you haven't made sure. Don't overuse too much sanitiser ... this can be a culprit that is causing the wet surface in the sidewalls too. Just use a damp pad, not saturated and wet.

You shouldn't be chasing the line ..... you should be sneaking up on it.

Start your file preparation at zone one and work back to any lifting to avoid any chasing !! Never file on top of the lift .. only on the product that is adhered to the surface of the nail. The lift will just flake off easily.

Side wall lifting is something you do not want at all. Make sure you PRESS the product firmly onto the surface of the DRY nail in the side wall area.. Make sure it is dry in those side walls ... this is where it can stay moist if you haven't made sure. Don't overuse too much sanitiser ... this can be a culprit that is causing the wet surface in the sidewalls too. Just use a damp pad, not saturated and wet.

Thanks Gigi, I try hard not to "chase it" but always find myself doing just that! :eek:
Aha, that could very well be the culprit, as I always use a pad saturated with scrubfresh, as I thought this was what we had to do! Will definitely start using it sparingly now. Thanks again for your help Gigi, don't know what we'd do without you :).
Carol

Latest posts

Back