Infills on nails not done by me??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazBeautica

Reaction score
Hi geeks, i just handed out some price lists around my local area as im still getting established. A lady called me whilst i was still out she said shes had her nails done somewhere else where she used to live. I asked her what system shes got on or what product it is. She's mentioned a gel/powder which of course doesn't help me alot.

So i don't no if its acrylics or gel she has on. She also mentioned thats its grown out alot. I said i'd go have a look at them. Im wondering based on what shes told me whether to remove what she's got on and start again with Gelish or go over the top with Gelish after ive filled back slightly?

Also if its acrylics how is the best way to remove it as i dont offer them. The same way as Gelish in foil wraps?

you shouldn't go over them with gelish. If its gel or acrylic they would need inilling with either gel or acrylic. Gelish is a gel polish.

If your planning on using gelish I'd either infil the nails and then apply gelish over the top. Or I would soak off and then apply gelish. I prefer not to infil other people's work due to me not knowing exactly what is on the nails and slight colour difference etc but that's just my personal preference, a lot of geeks do though, so its just what you prefer :) xx

Sorry I misread your post, didn't see the bit about backfilling first. If your unsure what's on the lady's nails, I'd soak off an start again just to be sure :) x

You need to have a look at them.

"Gel Powder" often means NSS in my experience. Ask her questions about the previous nail salon to find out.

If they are NSS nails she is likely to have efile damage under the existing product, her natural nails could be wrecked and weak. Plus it could take forever to get them off.

I would file and back fill them with your normal product, do not finish with a high shine (for good adhesion) and then apply Gelish (with no basecoat). I would keep doing this for the client until the old product and any damage has grown off.

This is my own opinion, others may think differently.

Whats nss mean?

Sorry for been dumb!

You need to have a look at them.

"Gel Powder" often means NSS in my experience. Ask her questions about the previous nail salon to find out.

If they are NSS nails she is likely to have efile damage under the existing product, her natural nails could be wrecked and weak. Plus it could take forever to get them off.

I would file and back fill them with your normal product, do not finish with a high shine (for good adhesion) and then apply Gelish (with no basecoat). I would keep doing this for the client until the old product and any damage has grown off.

This is my own opinion, others may think differently.

Thanku i dont do enchancements just Gelish. So cant i cant back fill with anything then do Gelish. So would it be best to soak off then apply Gelish? i no her nails might not be the best condition.

JuicyLuicy that sounds like good advice and letting her damaged nails grow out but i dont have acrylic or anything i can infill with. I'd love to keep her a client as shes round the corner and obviously new to the area so worth keeping her completely happy.

I would go see her, explain that all nail tech's do different treatments and you cannot offer the treatment she needs to keep what she's got on.

Then, after your friendly 'get to know you and your nails chat', you could offer to file any thickness and excess length away on her existing nails and use your gelish on top as described above until the old product has grown out.

Just ask her a few questions on where she has been, what type of salon, any aftercare advice given, you will soon find out whther she's been somewhere top notch or a non standard salon. If it sounds like she has been to a NSS, please don't try to remove the old product, it could do more harm than good and she could blame it on you :sad:

This could be a great customer who will trust you in your advice and what you do.

Good luck darlin :)

you could offer to file any thickness and excess length away on her existing nails and use your gelish on top as described above until the old product has grown out.

I would agree with this. Hopefully the previously product is not too bulky where it originally was applied at the cuticle area, if so you could buff it down a little. I would apply Gelish Foundation to just the exposed natural nail growth and then proceed as normal.

Fab advice i will do just that i think. Thanku geeks :Love:

More thoughts on this lady, sorry to keep on. If i do the Gelish application over what shes already got on her nails when i see her again in 2-3 weeks she'll have regrowth from the Gelish, now i can infill this ONCE next time but after that i would normally soak off then reapply again.

So will i have to keep infilling Gelish 2-3 times til the acrylic or gel she has on underneath grows out and eventually just becomes Gelish? hope this makes sense x

Gelish files off realy easily on enhancements, you then need to go really careful and buff it off the natural nail. This sounds time consuming, but you will be amazed how quickly it comes off.

If you try and soak it off you will obviously affect the original product (unless it's a buff off gel).

I have done this a few times for clients from other salons, I remove the Gelish everytime and re-apply as many times as possilble to let the old product and any nail damage grow out as much as possible. Removal every time also means I can check that there is nothing funny going on underneath.

Latest posts

Back