Infills - which steps do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBR

Reaction score
Hi,

I only practice just now on myself and my sister and did a set of infills on her last night.

Just had a thought to myself, are there other steps you should use or carry out when doing infills. I tried to see if there was a tutorial but with no luck. I'm using NSI acrylic - Attraction.

I also have Scrubfresh from Creative - it says not to use this on tips. Does this mean I don't use it when doing infills?

Thanks

when you say 'any other steps' what are you doing at the moment?

The Little Beauty Room said:
Hi,

I only practice just now on myself and my sister and did a set of infills on her last night.

Just had a thought to myself, are there other steps you should use or carry out when doing infills. I tried to see if there was a tutorial but with no luck. I'm using NSI acrylic - Attraction.

I also have Scrubfresh from Creative - it says not to use this on tips. Does this mean I don't use it when doing infills?

Thanks
When using ScrubFresh, when doing a full set, only use on the natural nail NOT the tip or you will crack the tip.
When doing a rebalance (what you call an infill) you can use on the natural nail and the rest of the enhancement at well.

I file round the cuticle

etch the nail around the cuticle line

use scrubfresh

use primer

then rebalance

When doing a rebalance what file grit do you use to "etch" the nail. Do you do any cuticle work - using a cuticle remover for example? Do you only fill in the new growth at the cuticle or do you restructure the entire nail to reset the balance and the stress area?

I use a 100 grit file to etch the nail and I use a cuticle pushie to remove any dried cuticle on the nail. I didn't use any cuticle remover.

I only used acrylic on zone 3 as it was only about 8 days since I initally put the new set on as I am having trouble with lifting!

Thanks

The Little Beauty Room said:
I use a 100 grit file to etch the nail and I use a cuticle pushie to remove any dried cuticle on the nail. I didn't use any cuticle remover.

I only used acrylic on zone 3 as it was only about 8 days since I initally put the new set on as I am having trouble with lifting!

Thanks

You really should not be using anything more abrasive than a 240 grit on the natural nail - if you are using a product with good adhesion then all you need to do is remove the shine not layers of nail plate.

Using a good cuticle remover will make removing any dry non living tissue so much easier.

If you are having trouble with lifting then it could be due the fact that you are not removing all non living tissue from the nail.

Latest posts

Back