ingrowing hairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyHands

Reaction score
I wonder if any of you guys can help...

I started epilating my legs a few months ago and all has been good so far, up until this time...

I have noticed little black head looking things on my legs and when i proded and poked (like you do) i have found they are little hairs but growing inwards. my leg hairs have got alot finer and alot less of them but how do i stop these hairs growin in,

Sorry if this sound really dumb but i am a epilate virgin. What am i doing wrong:irked:

I wonder if any of you guys can help...

I started epilating my legs a few months ago and all has been good so far, up until this time...

I have noticed little black head looking things on my legs and when i proded and poked (like you do) i have found they are little hairs but growing inwards. my leg hairs have got alot finer and alot less of them but how do i stop these hairs growin in,

Sorry if this sound really dumb but i am a epilate virgin. What am i doing wrong:irked:
I would suggest you moisturise daily and exfoliate 3 times a week,this softens the skin allowing the hairs to grow through the skins surface.

Some people are more prone to ingrowing hairs than others.When the skin gets dry,and exfoliation dosn't take place,the dead skin cells sit on the skins surface,this stops the hair from being able to push its way through the skin.

If you are exfoliating and moisturising then there are preparations to help overcome this.One being Ingrow go.This is a glycolic acid formulation and can be used by women and men.It gradually softens skin,allowing the hairs to grow through.

If you still have problems with ingrowing hairs then
hairs can be gently freed by either using a sterile needle or tweezers.Probably better to let your beauty therapist carry this out for you.HTH

I have tried ingrow go to and its fantastic,i am onmy third bottol as I have a big problem with them,Its very good but you should exfoliate and moisturise forst befor thinking about anything else as prevention is bettre that a cure.

With my waxing clients I tell them they need to exfoliate the skin. That sounds what is happening to you. All you need to do is use a scrub or even use a loofa dry and lightly rub the area, than you want to moisturize the area. Do this once a day and you will fix the problem. Hope this helps. Some people will say to loofa wet but I find that it exfoliates better dry.

And just to add to the above statement... you only need to do this until the hair comes through, once this happens you can stop. Then start exfoliating for about 4 days before you are going to get waxed again.

Thanks guys i off to scrub adub dub now:confused:

I have heard from clients that epilators are renound for causing these ingrowns!

Latest posts

Back