Ingrown toenail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe96

Reaction score
Bit random but has anyone had an ingrown toenail removed I'm needing mine taken out but how long is it until you're normal again had clients tell me it's weeks of agony afterwards most of these clients are drama queens!

I had 4 removed. And all in one hit. Was not pleasant and it took a while to feel normal again as mine got infected. Good luck Hun when are u having it done?

No idea so can't offer help there sorry :)

But just wanted to say, if you can get them to leave a bit of nail, either a strip down the middle, even if really narrow, or some nail by the cuticle, then an artificial nail can be built for you which looks great; I do it for several clients but it's not possible if they take all your toenail away, as there's nothing to build on. X

Hi Joe Depends on what your having done. I remove minor ingrown toe nails every day and it's just a case of nipping out the side wall on the nail at a slight angle it doesn't hurt at all. Is it this your having or are you having a procedure with local anesthetic at the hospital to have the ingrown nail removed permanently? X

My cousins husband had a few of his removed. Then my littler cousin stamped on his foot [emoji23]
Although it was probably massive painful for him. He's a kn** and deserves it.

I suffered with them as a kid. When they removed the first one it just grew back ingrown. Then I went to see a really great chriopodist and he ended up cutting out the sides of the nail and then doing something to the nail bed at the sides (it was a REALLY long time ago so I'm not sure exactly what) and I have never had any problems since.

Don't let them just whip the whole thing off, it's not a cure.

Edit: Also, yes it's sore afterwards. You'll want open toed shoes if possible (not ideal in this weather I know) and just follow the aftercare instructions they give you religiously and keep them clean.

My brother had 2 ingrown nails taken out and he was fine after a couple of days

My daughter had both her big toes done....first she had two slithers of nail removed from each toe only to have to have both nails removed a couple of months later she was in agony for weeks had to bathe and re dress them every night ....she's now left with no nails at all and horrible for her as she's 15 and so self conscious but at least she's not in pain anymore x

I had partial nail avulsion 4 weeks ago on both my big toes for the second time. They just removed a slice of nail on either side leaving a good amount of nail in the middle then used a chemical to burn the nail bed. This was done the first time in May and took about 10 weeks too heal as I had infection after infection. I had a month pain free until it started again. Straight away I knew it was growing back but it took the podiatrist about 2 months to believe me and get me booked in yet again. So 4 weeks ago I had it done for the second time. This time removing more nail leaving a thinner nail behind and they used a stronger chemical. It was even more sore with this chemical as it was more caustic and literally felt like a burn wound. I was a lot more careful this time around with salt bathing and dressing etc that this time, touch wood, I've had no infection. I'm back again tomo for my follow up appointment fingers crossed it's sorted this time.

Ps it is very sore for awhile make sure you have comfy slippers and shoes. I found I could only wear ugg boots and had slippers for work. Just look after them cus if you get infections it slows down the healing time. I need to get back in the gym as I get married in 5 weeks today so I have taken better care and I think I maybe able to go back now :)

Latest posts

Back