Initial training - are both L&P and gel required?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ella1991

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a career change and want to train as a nail tech. My initial thought was to do the CND complete course however my current employer is been a bit 'difficult' with me having the required days off. Has i've only ever had gel nails I was thinking of dropping the L&P and just initially doing natural nails, shellac and gel. In the ideal world i'd do it all but do you think dropping L&P cause problems with starting out. Also, again to fit with the days i'm allowed off work i'm thinking of doing natural nails and shellac training via CND and gel training with NSI. Does mixing brands have any negative effect on new businesses? Thanks geeks for any thoughts or advice

Make sure you have a good manicure course behind you as this will teach you the very basics.. it's like the foundations for all other courses just because it provides basic skills like cuticle pushing, how to offer consultations etc... From there where you take your new career and training is up to you.. A lot of training providers will already look and ask that you have the manicure course.. Hope this helps a bit.. I'm not too sure about the mixing brands question.. I don't see why it would be a problem but may be best for another geek to share their views on this.. I think many people stay with one brand purely because they trust the products and training they've received with them.

Thanks Sueelaine. The natural nails CND course does include a day each on manicure and pedicures. Reading previous threads people rate the CND training which is why it's a shame I can't do all the training with them (stupid current job, sooner I get out the better!)

If you know you'll want to work with CND products in the future it might be worth seeing if there is any way you can afford their training from the start as otherwise you'll have to do a conversion course to use their products even though you would have already been trained in another L&P or gel system. It's worth a good think, of course everyone has preferences when it comes to training

Thanks Sueelaine. The natural nails CND course does include a day each on manicure and pedicures. Reading previous threads people rate the CND training which is why it's a shame I can't do all the training with them (stupid current job, sooner I get out the better!)

Ella, its a shame you don't live closer to us in Manchester, we are about to release dates for our first CND complete evening course beginning later in the year. It may be an idea to contact sweetsquared to see if any of the other academies are going to offer the evening course closer to you. 0845 210 6060. www.sweetsqured.com

That's a great idea to do an evening course as i'm sure there are others in my position. I can afford and want to do the complete course but can't upset my current employer until i'm trained. Why is life never easy :-( . But i'll give sweet squared a ring thanks for the advice

Latest posts

Back