Inlaws From Hell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corrine1983

Reaction score
HIYA, do any of you have inlaws from hell that purposely do what they can to drive you mad.
me and my partner live right next door to his mum, she used to ring everyday and walk past our window and look right in to see if we were in. she has said so many things to me to drive me away, ya know things like what ever you can do mummy can do better. ive been in tears cos of her.
anyway have any of you been in this situation??????????:eek: :mad:

This may sound harsh.. sorry.. but i have to say i think living next door to any of your parents is bound to cause probs... i do feel for you cos there is nothing worse than you family driving you mad.. i think what you should do is stand your ground.. every time she walks past lift up the net and give a cheesy smile and a real cheesy wave.. if she phones to see if you are in laugh and say no im a burgalry lol keep this up and slowly she will get the hint... hth.. if push comes to shove get hubby to tell her let him deal with his mother..:lol::lol:

Oh hun that aint the ideal situation living right next door...I couldn't cope with that! How long have you lived like that for? Has she been like it all along?

I get on with my mum in law like a house on fire, we buy eachother little gifts and things if we are in town. She live 30 miles from me and her son, and if she lived next door I guartantee we would get on eachothers nerves, even if we are friends.:rolleyes:
This way, she is nicely at arms length but not to far to see every week or 2.:lol:

ARGH poor you, if I lived next door to my mother in law I think I would go mental!!! I don't really get on that well with my mother in law, her and my sister in law would drive up to my house to see if I was in, if not they will pop into my work place just to see if I was working!!!!!

I don't know why, but they just think they control me. She has lost all control of my partner and I think she hates it and to be honest she probably hates me for taking her little boy away from her!!! But do I care?!?! NO!

Oh hun that aint the ideal situation living right next door...I couldn't cope with that! How long have you lived like that for? Has she been like it all along?
nearly a year ive just started talking to her again, as i left cos of her. my partner didnt want to move cos she is on her own. we share the garden its like we all live togeather apart from a wall dividing the houses. my partner only moved from next door so he doesnt what its live to move from parents.

i don't talk to my mother in law and i'm absolutely fine with that!!
she used to drive me insane so my life is a lot more peaceful now!

Things would be easier for me if I did the same! lol

ditto :green:

isn't it funny how so many of us don't talk to the mother in law!!!!!!

isn't it funny how so many of us don't talk to the mother in law!!!!!!

its because they think we cant take care of their sons, like they can. its daft cos i would rather my son be with someone that was taking care of him than be cheating on him and doing nothing........ well thats if i had one.

OK ... laugh at me, but I think it is really sad to read of all these rifts here on the site just in our comparatively small group. :eek:

If I could have my idea situation, I would be Miss Ellie (Dallas?) and have all my family living together.

Mr and Mrs Geek lived with us for 3 years with the 2 children, before we moved to Spain, and it was a really happy time in all our lives. It taught us all to be tolerant of each other, to respect each other and it was great for everyone including the children. We were always there to babysit if wanted, Samantha used to cook our evening meals when she got home from the office and then I would take over at weekends and do all the cooking, giving her a weekend of real rest and time for the family. We worked the house together and it worked for all of us. We had our moments, because life is like that, but we always got over it as quickly as possible because we HAD to, there is no running away from each other when you live together, so it HAS to work and you have to make it work.

Seems to me its just so easy to say, "Sod 'em", and walk away and then you have bad feeling and a rift in the family, for sometimes years, when you could have had so much together. It's so sad for everyone particularly the children for whom I feel grandparents are very important because they have the time often to teach values and help to raise the young ones. Also to help give the parents some well needed time off occasionally. It is also so important for grandparents to be needed and wanted by their family. You are really missing out on something special whenyou cast aside your in laws. They are your partner's parents.

Makes me wonder if anyone ever works at a relationship these days, family or otherwise, or are people really so naive that they really believe it all just works out with no effort??

I know I would be devastated if I felt my family didn't need me.

I love my mother in law! She is wonderful and that has nothing to do with the fact she lives in the UK and i am in OZ:green: .

I do however live next door to my folks and while my mum drives us up the wall we love her, and my husband understands that her heart is in the right place Bless her.

Well my mother-in-law is one in a million!! She's great. Nothing's ever too much trouble for her..........and she bakes the most FABULOUS cakes:green: :green: . Even if we lived next door to her I'm absolutely certain that there would be no problem at all.............she'd probably do all my housework as well as her own and as for the ironing, well!! :lol: She's done more for me than my OWN mother has:rolleyes: .

Martine x

My MIL moved into the next road from us only yesterday. she has just got out of hospital for the 3rd time this year, and on losing dad at the end of last year bought a bungalow around the corner.

Life has been hectic recently, it's hard enough moving house yourself, but even harder when it is for someone else. (mum was still in hospital).

I am lucky though she is a wonderful woman, but her care will be down to me as i work from home and am the nearest. She has been through so much and deserves the best we can give her. Although i realistically don't envisage an easy time of it.:rolleyes:

It must be so hard if you don't get on. I remember a boyfriends mum who was really horrible to me all the time, and i tried so hard to be nice, in fact she took advantage of that as well. She was constantly talking about his ex's and how nice they were. It took me about a year before i finally cracked and told her i wasn't interested in hearing about any of them etc etc. She seemed to respect me a little more after that, strangely enough.

If i was you i would have his mum round on certain days, and only those days mind, just so she still feels loved and not ignored. Also, maybe try asking her for help with something, so she feels wanted. Maybe something that will keep her busy in her own house for 4 or 5 days! lol! Good luck Corrine.

OK ... laugh at me, but I think it is really sad to read of all these rifts here on the site just in our comparatively small group. :eek:

If I could have my idea situation, I would be Miss Ellie (Dallas?) and have all my family living together.

Mr and Mrs Geek lived with us for 3 years with the 2 children, before we moved to Spain, and it was a really happy time in all our lives. It taught us all to be tolerant of each other, to respect each other and it was great for everyone including the children. We were always there to babysit if wanted, Samantha used to cook our evening meals when she got home from the office and then I would take over at weekends and do all the cooking, giving her a weekend of real rest and time for the family. We worked the house together and it worked for all of us. We had our moments, because life is like that, but we always got over it as quickly as possible because we HAD to, there is no running away from each other when you live together, so it HAS to work and you have to make it work.

Seems to me its just so easy to say, "Sod 'em", and walk away and then you have bad feeling and a rift in the family, for sometimes years, when you could have had so much together. It's so sad for everyone particularly the children for whom I feel grandparents are very important because they have the time often to teach values and help to raise the young ones. Also to help give the parents some well needed time off occasionally. It is also so important for grandparents to be needed and wanted by their family. You are really missing out on something special whenyou cast aside your in laws. They are your partner's parents.

Makes me wonder if anyone ever works at a relationship these days, family or otherwise, or are people really so naive that they really believe it all just works out with no effort??

I know I would be devastated if I felt my family didn't need me.
try and be helpful and take care of their sons they throw it in your face the abuse and the taunts ive gone through is ridiculas, and the sly prejudice remarks its be alot for me to cope with. reminding me everytime the my daughter has her own father and how i must tell her before someone else is beyond me
xxxxxx
I totally understand where you are coming from, but when you

Well gigi you are the grandmother from heaven. Can you be our grandma? I live next door to my inlaws and get on fine with them. But they are so busy working still and when home are too tired. (btw they are grandparents to only the baby). They also dont babysit as they are too tired at the weekends too. My mum lives 15 miles away and works every night - sleeps every day!! I work but have to pay a child minder (which is costing me x3 what Im gonna earn later!!). If we ever go out together (partner and I) we pay a baby sitter - which we can't afford to do, so we don't get a night out / off together ever!
do you all feel sorry for me now ---- lol !!!! ha ha:cry:

Well gigi you are the grandmother from heaven. Can you be our grandma? I live next door to my inlaws and get on fine with them. But they are so busy working still and when home are too tired. (btw they are grandparents to only the baby). They also dont babysit as they are too tired at the weekends too. My mum lives 15 miles away and works every night - sleeps every day!! I work but have to pay a child minder (which is costing me x3 what Im gonna earn later!!). If we ever go out together (partner and I) we pay a baby sitter - which we can't afford to do, so we don't get a night out / off together ever!
do you all feel sorry for me now ---- lol !!!! ha ha:cry:

Well I love looking after my grandchildren (7 of them) and I have my 'boys' here for the whole summer every year!! Had them since they were babies. It helps Mr and mrs Geek and the boys have a wonderful time as do we.

I know things are not ideal for everyone, and the more I read on here the more I realize we seem to have something special as a family. But I was brought up to look after the older ones as my parents did for their parents. They do it here in Spain too.. Families are always together and sharing chores and activities and meals and children ... its the way things should be, and it is important to them so they make it work. It is more unusual to hear of families that have busted up than the other way around. But looking at just the small number here on this site it seems to be just the oposite in the UK. Where does all the anger come from???

NO SUNSHINE!!!!
No you're right.... too much bitterness and anger. I wish my mum and dad could have the kids more... for their sakes. I have such great memories of staying at my grandmas in the hols! It is the IDEAL way to live and be but people are more tied up in their own worlds to think like that nowadays.
Well you have a great summer with the boys.... so no more room for 3 little ones then geeg?! lol

I too wish that our families were one big family and everyone got along, but that isn't going to happen, sad but true.

Latest posts

Back