INOA causing hair breakage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trom Soith

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone had any long term experience of INOA 2? I have applied 5.13 on three occasions, there was some fast fading considering client only washes her hair once a week but the condition is awful. The ends and some old bleached highlights are like straw - broken, frazzled concertina ends up to an inch long. Could it be this new colour causing it? :eek:

I used INOA on my friend 5.20 and it looked so wishy washy! I used the 6.66 on myself and it didn't look good, still looked faded! Wasn't nice atal!

I've not has breakage but fast fade is common :( I find using a treatment after the colour helps stop this. I had 1/2 4.56 and half 6.66 the other day and I have to say my hair feels brilliant :)

Are you using the post INOA shampoo? Also do you take through? L'oreal recommend colour matching to dia light on ends rather then take through. Xx

INOA is absolutely terrible color. The only way to treat the hair is with use of Loreal professional products, but still not great. I recommend switching color lines before you lose clients.

I can't typing how much I HATE INOA!!!!!!!
We got rid in are salon and this is what it did to me!

I have no other problem with loreal colour just INOA

C1D50C36-B1E2-4254-8286-8EFBA650AEBE-236-00000022DF0C1B5E_zpsacf654e8.jpg

43C82C4A-D506-4AE6-9F1B-E3E8D2664DDB-236-00000022E32BF915_zps5aca2263.jpg

I can't typing how much I HATE INOA!!!!!!!
We got rid in are salon and this is what it did to me!

I have no other problem with loreal colour just INOA

C1D50C36-B1E2-4254-8286-8EFBA650AEBE-236-00000022DF0C1B5E_zpsacf654e8.jpg

43C82C4A-D506-4AE6-9F1B-E3E8D2664DDB-236-00000022E32BF915_zps5aca2263.jpg

Omg! Did you skin test too?
I find that the loreal high lifts are harsh on skin. I rarely use gloves, applied a high lift (no idea what number as I was just helping out in a salon so the owner did all the mixing) and could feel stinging between my fingers in 2 minutes it looked like the skin was bleached then I got some teeny tiny blisters. Had to use gloves for all loreal high lifts after. Glad I don't use loreal colours myself xoxo

Yeah skin tested with the base 1
My allergy was to the oil! Xx

How long ago was that as the formulation has now changed to a standard two step rather then a 3 step with the oil added seperatly?
I actually don't really like INOA that much BUT don't think it's fair to rubbish it based on the fact you had an alergy. I am allergic to many AVEDA products due to the plant extracts but that has no baring on the products themselves xxxx

Oh no not basing it on just the reaction, we were happy with the first formula (3part) but when they changed over they dropped loads of shades coverage wasn't consistent and fade was awful!!
We are with a company called sensus now it's amazing!!!
Low ammonia and the also do a line of colour that are 93% natural and completely PPD free xx

Oh no not basing it on just the reaction, we were happy with the first formula (3part) but when they changed over they dropped loads of shades coverage wasn't consistent and fade was awful!!
Low ammonia and the also do a line of colour that are 93% natural and completely PPD free xx

It can't be completely PPD free because it covers grey.

Awful awful awful I've had a few clients come to the salon from another very expensive salon and they have had innoa. Hate it, dry, brittle, damaged, fade was awful considering the lady had her hair done a week prior to the visit to myself. Would never use the colour. Isn't it supposed to be natural?...

Meant to be a lot of things but its only one! Crap!

Alfaparf cube color is also ppd free and low ammonia at 0.7 % too we have changed over and so impressed with coverage especially grey and the reds are amazing

I'm not a hair expert but do Alfaparf do treatment masques as I remember having one at a salon and it smelt and made my hair feel lovely.

Low ammonia and the also do a line of colour that are 93% natural and completely PPD free xx[/QUOTE

There are 140 intermixable shades in INOA 2 system! Lol. We are having some teething issues with it but we have some training booked next week so touch wood..

yeah maybe now BUT when they tool the whole stock of the first ODS system off us we only had a handful of colours, none of the vibrant colours were brought forward none of the DM5 colours it left us with next to nothing and at the time we were only using Inoa and had nothing else, it was a massive step for us to leave loreal as we had been a loreal exclusive salon for 20 years but felt let down by the change over, I hope you have better suppport.

and with regards to the sensus they have a range called MC2 that is 100% PPD free! its following the new guidelines for 2017 for hair colour for salons and home colour, its made in tuscany and we have LOVED using it!

NO PPD and AMMONIA, ZERO PROBLEM Hair Colour Cream: Mc2

We have finally got them to take all our old stock (new Rep) and issue us with a 4 figure credit! Only took a year of asking

We have finally got them to take all our old stock (new Rep) and issue us with a 4 figure credit! Only took a year of asking

is stuart your rep now? x

Am I allowed to say? May get them in trouble for talking about it in the open ;) she is much more helpful then our last one

Am I allowed to say? May get them in trouble for talking about it in the open ;) she is much more helpful then our last one

lol, fair point, ha ha i hope you have good experiences with it becuase they are having good advertising and i think it will get clients in for you but just hope youi get the results.

Latest posts

Back