Insomnia - i'm at my wits end!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree with amber.
get your bloods done.
i had depression mood swings, night sweats, the shakes palpatations and could not sleep even though i was totally knackered...turns out i have graves disease which is a form over over active thyroid.
see your gp and just ask for some blood tests ...if it isnt anything physical then you can go on from there.

nailcouture said:
Debs,

I agree with the distancing thing, i have had to distance myself from my parents, it has been nearly 4 years now. It has more to do with my mumrather than my Dad, but i don't want to put him or my other siblings in the position where they might feel they have to take sides, so therefore i keep my self out of the loop. It is funny as i did this before i was actually diagnosed, which was only nov 04.

It has worked for me as well and funnily enough it is my mum who I have the biggest problem with. It took me a very long time 2 stand up 2 her, when I did she was gobsmacked and I didn't even have to raise my voice or argue. I am lucky in one sense that my brother doesn't like me - he thinks I am a trollop because I have had 2 marriages (2nd one still in and very happy) and 5 boys - 3 to my first hubby and 2 to my 2nd. I'm always nice and polite with them if I have contact with them which is hardly ever but if makes me feel as though I am in control and he can't throw anything back at me - why put a lot of effort into someone who will crush u in 1 go ??

I think yr mind and body has definitely got a self presevation thingy (can't think of the word) and if you recognise the messages it sends u (evening without knowing) u will do the best 4 yr survival. U r still in the early days if my experience is anything 2 go by. Its a long hard hilly journey we have 2 climb but there is hope every now and again when u come 2 a flat point - just remember u can achieve great success on that hilly mountain even if u don't get 2 the top. Many a man has failed 2 climb Everest but they keep on trying nowing that they will eventually reach their summit!

take care:hug:

Hi,
Have you tried chinese doctor medicines? i went in b4 xmas to get my otherhalfs mum something they did a consultation then gave me some drinks & pills (all natural) for her to try, it cost around the £20 mark for 12 days worth but she said she has never had a better sleep.
anyway hope this helps.

Something that works for me is when i get in bed..lie on your back and start do a exercise rountine...start with your toes and work your way up to your head...stretch and flex your toes...then your ancles..rotate them and point your toes making them strech...then your calf's, tense hold for 10 and relax..do this a few times..keep working up your body..flexing, stretching and your body will feel totally relaxed afterwards...works for me. xxx

Oh and another thing...make a list of all things you need to do/remember on paper b4 you go to bed..that way they ain't racing around in your head while you are trying to get sleep.

I just wanted to say thanks guys for all your advice.

Had a terrible night again last night - i look like a zombie this morning. I was so tired when i went to bed - i could hardly keep my eyes open - funny though they were wide open at 3 this morning.

I mad the mistake of taking a sleeping pill too - now because i dint' sleep much i feel like i've got the hangover from hell!!

Going to give the docs a ring later and try and get them to test my blood - at least that way i can start ruling things out.

The therepy thing sounds good too - we used to go to group sessions when we were kids - the whole family. So i'm used to what they are like.

I just want to get this sorted - i feel so run down. I can't remember the last full nights sleep i had - in fact i think my sleep is worse now then when my daughter was a baby.

I read soemwhere the other day that we need less slepp as we get older - the rate i'm going i'll be ahving 10 mins byt he time i'm 60!!!

Anyway, i'm trying to not let it iget me down, trying not to worry about going to bed and just trying to chill a bit.

Thanks again, your all the best

.xx

em I had a bad night too, maybe we should call each other to chat in the dead of the night seeing as we have nowt else to do lol! Its so frustrating, marks lying there snoring his head off within 2 mins of turning over and Im there for about 2 hours trying to drop off. AAAARGH!!!

harvey said:
em I had a bad night too, maybe we should call each other to chat in the dead of the night seeing as we have nowt else to do lol! Its so frustrating, marks lying there snoring his head off within 2 mins of turning over and Im there for about 2 hours trying to drop off. AAAARGH!!!

I know, Paul's the same - i want to kill him!!!

He keeps telling me it's all in my head and to just try and relax - God if it was that easy i wouldn't have this problem!!

nailcouture said:
I actually don't drink tea anymore. I drink herbal ones like nettle tea etc.

Also i found that the anti depresants have a great affect on how my digestion works. So i have a colonic most months and that assits me.

I think you just have to try most things and see how you go.

It may sound mad but I fall asleep every night reading a book - sometimes I wake up and am still holding it. If I don't read I can't get to sleep cos I start thinking about all sorts of stuff and drive myself mad.

this used to work for me but now I get too into the books and stay up reading far too late!

harvey said:
this used to work for me but now I get too into the books and stay up reading far too late!

It used to work for me too, but recently i've noticed that i'm not actually digesting anything i'm reading as i'm thinking that i should be relaxed now and ready to sleep. Im starting to panic as i read, that i'm not relaxing.

it's definitely all in my head i reckon (going to get checked out at the docs to make sure though). I'f i've not fell to sleep within the 1st 10-20 mins, i start putting pressure on myself to relax - thus making amtters worse.

Im the same hun, Im going back to work in feb and I keep thinking I must get myself back into a normal sleeping routine or I will be buggered when Im back at work. And the more I worry the worse it is but I cant not think about it lol. Bad night lsat night but my back is very sore and think that might have kept me up as well

harvey said:
Im the same hun, Im going back to work in feb and I keep thinking I must get myself back into a normal sleeping routine or I will be buggered when Im back at work. And the more I worry the worse it is but I cant not think about it lol. Bad night lsat night but my back is very sore and think that might have kept me up as well

I actually managed 8 hours last night - 1st time in weeks.

The only thing is me and Hubby had to sleep in seperate bedrooms to acheive this. I was that tired after days of about 2-3 hours that i think i just passed out. i still look like death today - can't stop yawning.

I think we're both that concious of keeping the other awake, that we're actually making matters worse at the moment.

Don't really know where to go from here though if that is the case - not exactly good for a marriage sleeping in seperate rooms is it?? My hubby joked this morning that we were turning into his Nan and Grandad - no laughing matter if you ask me.

I was told that i was clinicly depressed about 7 years ago the doctor said that i will always be depressed i have a chemical imballance in my brain i take the worst anti depresents going and take a very high dosage everytime i go to the chemist i always clean them out of the anti depresents .If i dont take my pills on time i get really ill and cant even get out of bed i dont sleep much as i cant swich off at the moment all i can think about is my up and coming wedding and the nail course that i start on saturday there is always something on my mind even if its a tiny matter i always think about it that much that i start worrying and my mind makes it in to a huge problem.

I have been suicidal and the doctors are always thretening to put me in hospital but havnt been in one yet.

If it wasnt for my other half i dont think i will be hear today he is my angel i cant belive he has stuck by me and now we are getting married.
Its hard to think of all the good things in your life when you are depressed you always cosentrate on the bad it is very hard to just keep going but friends and family have really helped me it always best to talk to someone.

I have been through alot and iam still hear so if anyone needs to talk to someone then iam hear iam a great listener and good at giving advice just not taking it. hehe

sleeping tablets are bad i hate them and will never use them again granted you do fall asleep but its not proper sleep so when you wake up in the morning you feel like you havnt had any sleep at all and i woke up feeling really spaced out i couldnt conentrate it was horrible.
Never again

Ive been on anti depressants for post natal depression for over a year now, and I have no sex drive at all, I thought it was just because of fatigue etc, is it a side effect of the anti depressants - if it is that will put a smile back on my husbands face as he thinks its him however many times I tell him its not.

1999judy said:
It may sound mad but I fall asleep every night reading a book - sometimes I wake up and am still holding it. If I don't read I can't get to sleep cos I start thinking about all sorts of stuff and drive myself mad.

I'm exactly the same as Judy, I NEED to read before I go to sleep. Even if I'm dog tired, if I only read 1 paragraph, I've read and my mind is at "peace" and I can to do sleep. If I don't read, I have really restless nights.

On the very odd occasion that I can't sleep, I'll get up and start doing the ironing. Now I absolutely hate doing the ironing so needless to say, after about the second shirt, I pack it up, go to bed and fall asleep instantly :D

River

K Louise said:
I was told that i was clinicly depressed about 7 years ago the doctor said that i will always be depressed i have a chemical imballance in my brain i take the worst anti depresents going and take a very high dosage everytime i go to the chemist i always clean them out of the anti depresents .If i dont take my pills on time i get really ill and cant even get out of bed i dont sleep much as i cant swich off at the moment all i can think about is my up and coming wedding and the nail course that i start on saturday there is always something on my mind even if its a tiny matter i always think about it that much that i start worrying and my mind makes it in to a huge problem.

I have been suicidal and the doctors are always thretening to put me in hospital but havnt been in one yet.

If it wasnt for my other half i dont think i will be hear today he is my angel i cant belive he has stuck by me and now we are getting married.
Its hard to think of all the good things in your life when you are depressed you always cosentrate on the bad it is very hard to just keep going but friends and family have really helped me it always best to talk to someone.

I have been through alot and iam still hear so if anyone needs to talk to someone then iam hear iam a great listener and good at giving advice just not taking it. hehe

Gosh, there i am moaning about not getting sleep - and your going through all this.

I agree it is good to talk to someone, but sometimes thats easier said than done - i always feel like i'm moaning and that i'm never happy.

I've tried talking to my Mum (who's been through the mill with depression her self), but all she ever suggests is to get to the doctors - when most of the time all i want to do is talk.

My hubby is great, he can sense when i'm down, he's forever giving me hugs (even when it's the last thing i need). He often finds me sitting on the floor crying that it's all too much - but he some how manages to talk to me and i get through it.

I do love him:Love:

Delisnails said:
Ive been on anti depressants for post natal depression for over a year now, and I have no sex drive at all, I thought it was just because of fatigue etc, is it a side effect of the anti depressants - if it is that will put a smile back on my husbands face as he thinks its him however many times I tell him its not.

I think you'll find its definitely down to the tablets mate.

i have to say my hubby has been very supportive about taking time off work and stuff but he is not too good at the understanding my moods and lack of sex drive, sleepless nights etc. Sometimes I feel there is no one to talk to. Its nice to know Im not the only one going through this though guys

harvey said:
Its nice to know Im not the only one going through this though guys

Yeah it is isn't it.

Obviously i wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy, but just being able to talk it through with you guys has helped me loads.

Keeing me sane!!!

Latest posts

Back