Insurance - I'm confused!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugg73

Reaction score
I've searched this topic and I understand that I need to get student insurance to carry out treatments outside of college and I think I've grasped that I can charge low student prices.

However, I'm going to do some enhancement courses i.e. spray tanning. It is a fully accredited course and I understand I will be fully qualified in that treatment (this that correct?) would student insurance cover that or should I get full insurance to carry out that full priced treatment?

:Scared:

Yes you would be qualified to carry out tanning. It is probably best to speak to insurance companies to see what they can offer you, making sure that they cover the courses that you plan to attend!

Hope that helps,

Vicki x

Hi I had the same query when I was a student. I spoke to Babtac and they recommended getting the full insurance which would still cover me as a student until I passed although would only be allowed to charge a nominal fee and the client would nee to be made aware I was a student. I would be fully covered for anything I was qualified in and could charge full price for that. Hope that makes sense

You will need to speak to the insurance company that you choose to go with, however, with a full qualification, most will recommend that you choose a full cover option.

The Guild can offer £3 million Public, Product and Treatment liabilty cover, and if you quote Geek as a referral code you will get a £10 discount. Join online at www.beautyguild.com or call 0845 2177 383.

Latest posts

Back