Insurance when not yet qualified

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping you can offer me some advice please!

I'm currently doing my NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy. I've completed all my training and I just have a few exams left to pass. In the mean time I was thinking I could maybe bring a few pennies in by charging friends for treatments or holding Pamper Parties.

My question is, would I have to be insured to do this and if so, would people insure me as I'm not yet qualified?

Apologies if this is a daft question! I'd really appreciate any advice and guidance you might be able to offer :)

Thanks very much!

Lauren

student insurance is around £40 a year I think, so for peace of mind it's worth it.

Thanks Kezza! :)

Check the Ts & Cs though. Some of them require that you are supervised by a fully qualified therapist while doing treatments x

Thanks M00min, I'd just spotted that after having a look around. From what I can see the BABTAC one seems to be best for £19.50. Although the website does state it is for case studies and you may need to be supervised, I spoke to a lady on the phone and she confirmed that this does cover charging the general public for treatments and you don't need to be supervised (as long as you tell them that you are not qualified and you do not charge full price). :)

Thanks M00min, I'd just spotted that after having a look around. From what I can see the BABTAC one seems to be best for £19.50. Although the website does state it is for case studies and you may need to be supervised, I spoke to a lady on the phone and she confirmed that this does cover charging the general public for treatments and you don't need to be supervised (as long as you tell them that you are not qualified and you do not charge full price). :)

Well done! Perhaps you should add a sentence to your consultation cards saying that you are a trainee and not charging full price that they can sign to show they're aware? I know that signing things doesn't make a situation watertight legally, but at least if there was any confusion in the event of a claim you'd have something to show the insurance company x

Fab idea, will definitely be doing that... thanks again! :)

Latest posts

Back