Insurance without product training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormiie

Reaction score
Hi, I am wanting to start up on my own, possibly mobile or maybe find a good room.

I am qualified to beauty level 3 from college which included nail enhancements. I want to do Shellac and mani / pedi only for now. Do I need to go and do a CND Shellac course to be covered for insurance? Apart from contacting the council is there any other places I need to register with?

Thank you all.

Hi,

I thought you had to train with CND to use their products, but if you are qualified with gel and L&P you can get insurance and use whichever brands you like.

I might be wrong mind!

X

You can be insured as a nail tech with salon gold, the guild - even direct line does beauty insurance now :)

You would need to complete a CND conversion course for Shellac.

If you work from home you would need to notify your council and let HMRC know you will be self employed.

As long as you have a qualification, you can use CND products, but it is advised to have their training.

Thank you all. I want to have their training but nothing is close to me. I think Manchester and Stratford Upon Avon is the closest and would require hotel stay plus struggling to find a model. Will just cost a fortune. I have compared the prices from training and kit to just buying the kit it's self is not much difference.

Was hoping to do it self employed and hopefully do the course a little later to make it "official".

I am fully qualified on gel enhancements through my Level 3 course from college.

I did use the Gellux when it first came out on friends and family during college to gain experince although I know it is a completley different system.

Latest posts

Back