Intermixing systems (split)???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailz666

Reaction score
Teena_B said:
I'll have a go later at scanning & uploading a pic of my sheet with the colours of the glitters. I'll let you know if I manage it.

I'd also like to know if the NSI nail pure & primer are ok to use with ezflow l&p as this is what I've got!!!

Thanks guys!
Yes you can use NSI primer and Nail Prep with EZ flow they are both quite universal products. Although you will probably find any EZ technician will probably disagree. I however have never had any problems.

Why not just stick to the products in your chosen system?

I can never see the point of this 'cherry picking' mentality. Why take chances? It is not always obvious to the naked eye when things are not quite right. If EZF make preparations for their nail enhancemnts why in heck not use them? Why use some other systems prep?

Have to agree with Geeg here, if you have chosen to use EZ Flow l/p then you should use EZ Bond and EZ Flow primer, that's what the system has been designed to work at it's optimum with.

Very often, with EZFlow kits, primers are not included so, many techs use what's on hand since it is a universal system. I personally use No Lift Nails primer along with ScrubFresh and NailFresh with my Q Monomer and Creative or EZFlow powders. I'm a product whore.

michie826 said:
Very often, with EZFlow kits, primers are not included so, many techs use what's on hand since it is a universal system. I personally use No Lift Nails primer along with ScrubFresh and NailFresh with my Q Monomer and Creative or EZFlow powders. I'm a product whore.
I have to disagree strongly with the practices detailed in this post.
For 20 years we have been promoting "systems for safety" and these type of practices are not good to pass on to the many new technicians who look at this site and expect quality information and the top standards for which we are known.

Even EZF in the UK promote the system and do not encourage mixing. I don't believe there is such a thing as a truly universal system.

Why lower standards?? What is the point? Someone explain to me the point of Cherry picking as opposed to buying the products that are designed to work together?

geeg said:
I have to disagree strongly with the practices detailed in this post.
For 20 years we have been promoting "systems for safety" and these type of practices are not good to pass on to the many new technicians who look at this site and expect quality information and the top standards for which we are known.

Even EZF in the UK promote the system and do not encourage mixing. I don't believe there is such a thing as a truly universal system.

Why lower standards?? What is the point? Someone explain to me the point of Cherry picking as opposed to buying the products that are designed to work together?
Hiya,

I have to agree with Gigi on this, companies produce products to work together ie Creative Liquid to be used with Creative Powders, EZ Flow to be used together and so on, i wouldnt mix brands as they are not designed to work together, if everything was universal what would be the point in having so many different products:confused: . We are trying to work together to raise the standards in the Nail Industry not bring them down, IMO

Amanda

i totally agree with geeg and lily on this.
from a chemistry point of view i am presuming all companies products are made by their own in house chemists who would probably test the compatibility of their products with their preperation products
to get optimum results.
if we use one companies liquid with another companies powder and a reaction ocurs then we cannot enlist either companies help in the problem as we should have used the system as a whole from one company.
another question would our insurance cover this mixing and matching.
you buy a car they advice on the oil to use if we choose to use a different oil and the car broke down would this be included in the warantee.
jmho
thats my serious head gone now :irked:

Please be advised, I am not giving out advice. I am stating what works for me.

michie826 said:
Please be advised, I am not giving out advice. I am stating what works for me.
Doesn't using the system work for you? If not, why not? Or have you never tried it?
What you are doing won't work as well as using the system that is designed to work together.
I could make all sorts of 'nails' using and mixing all sorts of products, but they wouldn't be the same nails as if I'd used a system.
Perhaps you could explain why you do it as opposed to doing things correctly? Or how you actually came to find this mixture ... or is it a case of another nail technician passing on to you her 'ideas' of what is best instead of listening to the manufacturer?

geeg said:
Doesn't using the system work for you? If not, why not? Or have you never tried it?
What you are doing won't work as well as using the system that is designed to work together.
I could make all sorts of 'nails' using and mixing all sorts of products, but they wouldn't be the same nails as if I'd used a system.
Perhaps you could explain why you do it as opposed to doing things correctly? Or how you actually came to find this mixture ... or is it a case of another nail technician passing on to you her 'ideas' of what is best instead of listening to the manufacturer?
I've, in fact, used all 3 of the systems (No Lift, Creative & EZFlow) and had my picks and chooses with all 3. I didn't like Creative's primers and the liquid odor is much too strong for me to inhale and not walk away with a migraine. I had lifting with both primers, especially with the acid free. The powders are beautiful, though. I actually have no problems with EZFlow's whole system but, I do use No Lift on myself and chronic lifters and I also use Creative's Intense Pink Powder. I'm sorry but, I am not changing systems over a powder. I didn't care for No Lift's powders. They take on a milky look and are not truly clear, IMHO. You can also find the whole line at Sally's. And personally, I use the ScrubFresh and NailFresh combo with almost all of my nail services.
I understand that this MB is pro-Creative but, to imply unprofessionalism in product choice and such is not a way to entice newbies to post, either. There are most likely (undoubtedly) others who do the same prep as I do but, who would admit it when posters lash out at them for it? I stated valid reaons for my choice and I think that should be respected. To attempt to educate a person is far different from attacking and annihilating a post because others don't do as you say or do. I think if everyone did everything the same way there would be no reason for a message board to exist.

Hey there,

I don't think Gigi was trying to 'blast' your techniques. I think she was simply trying to understand how you came to your conclusion.

The vast majority of nail technicians stick to systems as they are much easier to work in. Brand A prep system was designed and optimized for use with Brand A monomer which in turn was designed to work with Brand A powder.
Intermixing systems makes diagnosing service breakdown impossible. Manufacturers don't design systems to not work, or to work with other systems, they design them to work excellently with their other products.
A good example of this is monomers and polymers. It is impossible to make a monomer that works with all polymers and vice-a-versa. In fact, it is dangerous to mix systems as you are never sure if there is enough BPO in the powders to cure the monomer you are using. Sadly, you could even be found negligent in a court of law intermixing monomers and polymers.
Sure, there are some companies that say "hey, our liquid works with all powders" which may cover you from that angle (even if it isn't a factual statement) however if the powder manufacturer says to only use with their liquids... than you are not using the product as directed and could be held responsible.

The vast majority of nail professionals stick to a system as it always provides the best results for them - otherwise they would use a different system that did work for them!

Anyhoo... I understand where you are coming from as I used to be a 'cherry picker'. That was how I was trained. It wasn't until I started understanding how systems work more that I understood why 'cherry picking' isn't the best (or safest) solution.

Also... This isn't a pro CND board... its a pro-professional board ;)

Hope this helps

michie826 said:
I've, in fact, used all 3 of the systems (No Lift, Creative & EZFlow) and had my picks and chooses with all 3. I didn't like Creative's primers and the liquid odor is much too strong for me to inhale and not walk away with a migraine. I had lifting with both primers, especially with the acid free. The powders are beautiful, though. I actually have no problems with EZFlow's whole system but, I do use No Lift on myself and chronic lifters and I also use Creative's Intense Pink Powder. I'm sorry but, I am not changing systems over a powder. I didn't care for No Lift's powders. They take on a milky look and are not truly clear, IMHO. You can also find the whole line at Sally's. And personally, I use the ScrubFresh and NailFresh combo with almost all of my nail services.
I understand that this MB is pro-Creative but, to imply unprofessionalism in product choice and such is not a way to entice newbies to post, either. There are most likely (undoubtedly) others who do the same prep as I do but, who would admit it when posters lash out at them for it? I stated valid reaons for my choice and I think that should be respected. To attempt to educate a person is far different from attacking and annihilating a post because others don't do as you say or do. I think if everyone did everything the same way there would be no reason for a message board to exist.
Hiya,

i just wanted to add that although i love this site and the people that post on here are doing it to help other techs, i dont actualy use creative, i have in the past, but the point Gigi and some other techs were trying to make is that from a chemistry point of veiw it is not recommended to mix brands, they are designed to work together, if this works for you and you dont have any probs then thats fab, but i wouldnt recommend it At the end of the day we are here to help everyone!!!

Amanda:hug:

michie826 said:
They say attack is the best form of defense but in this case I think not.

Your post does beg the question as to why when systems work perfectly well for hundreds of thousands of others, they do not seem to for you? I would be asking myself that.

It is also strange that although CND Retention+ and Radical monomers are classed as low odour monomers, apparently - although there is no clinical evidence that monomer vapour causes this to happen (especially if you are following the manufacturer's guidelines for correct ventillation) - you get a migrain if you use it?

I have failed to be convincced by any argument I have heard so far, for not using and sticking to a system.

I am sorry but I have to say I am with Geeg, Sam and Lily on this one...........

Any company out here in the UK will tell you do not mix and match.............
and I am sure if you ask over in the USA, Debbie on Beauty Tech and Vikki Peters and some other well seasoned Techs they will all tell you the same............ Whether they are CND, EZFlow, or who ever................

The powders are beautiful, though. I actually have no problems with EZFlow's whole system but, I do use No Lift on myself and chronic lifters and I also use Creative's Intense Pink Powder. I'm sorry but, I am not changing systems over a powder.
I would not put petrol in a diesel truck and mix my fuel , the same reason I would not mix and match my system.......because it would be just asking for major trouble.......... I might get away with it for a little while, but then one day my engine is just gonna go bang...........

Systems are developed for a reason............... to give us the best results.......... each companies powder has a different ratio need........a monomer designed to work with powder A will not preform as well with powder B.............. maybe yellowing, maybe premature break down, cracking, lifting....aso.......

I am not a Chemist but I do understand Product Chemistry.......... and I am not gonna have my butt sued off buy any client who might have problem with my pick a mix .............
over exposure, allergic reactions just to name a couple........product break down..............

Call me carefull...............no call me educated in product Chemistry lol......
Just my Tuppence worth on this xxxxx

I think this discussion has gone on long enough and is now off topic anyway.

The members of this site Know the standards we want to teach and learn are the highest.

As we have stated many times it is fact not opinion that is important on technical and safety issues. So we'll just leave it there.

No one is going to be convinced that mixing systems is a good thing when every manufacturer both in the UK and the USA says differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back