Intimate 4 non strip wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odee

Reaction score
For any waxers that are using this, what temp are you working at please?, I find its fine at first set on 57 but as im using it i find that it really stiffens up and quite unworkable, so always having to turn it up and down. Im also finding lumps forming in it and was wondering if im burning it when i first put it on set on high to begin with, i don't double dip so nothing should be getting in it, Many thanks.xx

When I have used Intimate4 non strip I have used it in a digital heater at around 56/57 and it's been fine also at the discovery days when students have been trying it it works fine at this temperature range. If I have the lid off then I find I keep turning over the wax as I go to use it so that the wax on the top that is more set is ring turned into the pot.

For all my non strip waxes I used the " hi " heat mode which gives the wax a fast heat for 10/15 mins then it drops down to the temperature that I have set up heater at and I never have a problem with by wax.

Some heaters may not be that accurate I know at times I find inconsistencies with temperatures on same brand heaters with the same wax in each so if you have to turn the heat up slightly to make it more workable then just temperature check it first.

Jack

Thanks,x i think it might be my heater,Ive had it ticking over on 60 last few times, in between clients, and when i go back to use it its too thick.x so do you put it on high a few mins before every use? is that what you mean, or just at the begining of the day,Sorry for the questions but i do like prefer this to the euroblond. bit frustrating.xx

I'd say stop worrying about what the temperature number says and start looking at the consistency you need it to be to work with it.

You will learn if the wax needs to be turned up or down a degree or 2 as your using it.

In the cold weather the heaters can need to be on higher as the air in the room will set the wax quicker than when the air in the room is warm.

Being mobile I have to turn my hear up & down dependant on the cleints home temperature, some have their homes all cosy & others not so. Just ensure your wax is workable and doesn't feel too hot when you test it on yourself.

No I don't use the hi heat mode in between clients , just to begin with.

Jack

I used it yesterday on 54 and it was perfect.

For any waxers that are using this, what temp are you working at please?, I find its fine at first set on 57 but as im using it i find that it really stiffens up and quite unworkable, so always having to turn it up and down. Im also finding lumps forming in it and was wondering if im burning it when i first put it on set on high to begin with, i don't double dip so nothing should be getting in it, Many thanks.xx

Do you use the heaters inner bucket or an empty PR tin for your wax? I had trouble with controlling any hot wax untill I switched from the tin to the bucket. I don't know if it's because the bucket sits snuggly against the heating element or what but it changed everything for me. I try not to use the speed heat for too long but if you do over heat it's easy to pop the bucket out by the handle and sit it on the side for a few mins instead of up and down with the temp dial.

Also are you in the habbit of stiring your hot wax? This isn't good for heat control and may lead to lumps. It's ok for most hot waxes to be semi solid in the middle esp at the start of the day.

im trying to ignore the setting as you can tell well with the consistancy, Im just not used to keep adjusting temp all the time. I only put on high at the beginning as well and adjust from there.x Thanks guys.xx

I do use the bucket, It seems okay to begin with as i start the intermate wax by the end i do have to switch it up, I trained with kim and i do take about half hr to do the treatment. I Think yes i do stir the pot, and maybe taking a little to long to do the wax. I then stress a little to myself if i have another wax staight after. if this is normal that you all have to switch the wax up i worry no more, just thought it was me.xx

The creamy waxes just take a bit of getting used to especially when you have been used to using Euroblonde this is very different in texture and consistency and may just take a bit of getting used to. I started with Euroblonde and struggled getting it right with other waxes as I tried them out. As said just get it to the correct consistency and then just check your temperatures. I also prefer the bucket as it sits closer to the wall of the heater then it should help with maintaining a more even temperature.

If you are coming to professional beauty come onto the Perron Rigot stand as we will have intimate4 melted on the stand and you can see it and some of the other popular non strip waxes.

HTH jack

I agree with baggy bear, the temperature shown on the heater isn't as important as the right consistency. With a bit experience you will find out what you are looking for as the temperature can vary depending how full the pot is, how warm the room is etc so its best checking the wax to make sure its right rather than just rely on the temperature display.

Sorry if I'm repeating as I've not read the other replies.

You should always heat on full for about 15 mins and then lower your wax to around the suggested temp. However, you should get to know your wax so that you never need the temp guide again and you can simply glance at it and know that it's right……….even without testing the wax. I've not tested my wax on myself for many years. It's all about knowing your product.

With Intimate 4, it's fast setting so although the wax heater might be on the right temperature, if the room is on the chilly side you need to to get the wax on as it sets every second it's out of the heater.

Sounds to me as though you need to give it a stir whilst it's on high but you should never stir wax when you're using it……….always take your wax from the wall of the heater where it's warmest. If your room is cold then get used to putting the lid on as you take the wax out.

Hope that helps.

Just to add, I'm really loving this wax, didn't think I would like the texture at first and u have to be quick because it sets but it smells lush and there's no bits left over. It's the best one I've used on my underarms.

I agree, for underarms,x And one of the reasons i prefer it to euroblond was that it set quicker, My wax is by the window which would be cooler, must move it. Thanks for you input guys, will stop stirring and add the lid.xx:):)

Latest posts

Back