Intimate waxing newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GetGlam

Reaction score
Hi waxers... I'm currently being in house trained to do Brazilian & Hollywoods. However my peer only uses tea tree strip wax. Now I'm no expert at using hot wax but I want to try. I have Perron rigot euro blonde at the ready.
We had a high bikini & Brazilian yesterday & it was the most painful thing to watch. Strips were not taking the hair away & a lot of tweezing went on... Is this the norm?
Both ladies were bruised at the groin, please tell me there is another less painful way to wax!

Was it srip wax on the bikinis yesterday?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

sounds awful. i used to go for bikini waxes before i trained in beauty and i'd come home bruised most times. therapists never explained or apologised so i would think it must be my skin type. i asked one therapist why i always bruised and she actually told me its cause of the pattern my hair grows in, like its my fault!

anyway. you should try bikini and Brazilian waxing with the hot wax you've bought. i use Perron Rigot too, its fab! it applies in direction of hair growth, removes against and I've never ever ever bruised anyone with it!
hot wax doesn't stick to skin, only hair so is much more gentle. it means if some hairs don't come out and you have to reapply that you're not removing skin all the time.

i dreaded bikini waxing until i started using hot wax, its amazing!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

You need a touch of oil under the euro blonde. I have one client I can strip Hollywood but for everyone else I use euro blonde. Its far too easy to cause trauma to the bikini area with a strip it's just not worth it hun. Practice with the hot wax x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you have only trained in warm wax, can you use hot wax and be insured? I'd like to start doing intimate waxing but not sure if you need more training

If you have only trained in warm wax, can you use hot wax and be insured? I'd like to start doing intimate waxing but not sure if you need more training

You would need to do a Hot Wax/Intimate wax course to be covered with most insurance companies

im almost certain that if you have a waxing qualification you can use either warm or hot. unless your salons insurance covers you, you would need certified training in Brazilian waxing though, if anything was to go wrong im not sure in-house training would cover you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

You would really benefit from some good training :)

I have done 2 training courses and now only feel brave enough to really tackle them , I would highly recommend kim lawless , I flew over from Ireland just for her course and it was the best training I've ever received , well worth it!

Oh believe me Kim's training is on my 1st priority list ... Yes I use oil underneath but the major problem lies with the person doing my "in house training" she doesn't like hot wax!
Our situation is extremely complicated working for an army barracks on English & Germans.
I'm thinking I might ask current clientele if they would mind me using hot wax & go from there... I don't want to tweeze, or put anyone through that amount of pain .... I just want to do the best I can! Thank you for you're replies xxx

If I could get to kind course I would but there's none near me boo

Oh my god I'd never use strip on the bikini area! Not even the underarm. It's way too sensitive an area to use strips! Bruising generally occurs when the area hasn't been stretched enough or when strips are used. It's definitely NOT normal to bruise a client! And blaming the client is even worse, sounds like the therapist hadn't a clue what she was doing.
Go ahead and use the hot wax! Your clients will thank you and will be more likely to ask specifically for you as it will be less painful for them.

Oh my god I'd never use strip on the bikini area! Not even the underarm. It's way too sensitive an area to use strips! Bruising generally occurs when the area hasn't been stretched enough or when strips are used. It's definitely NOT normal to bruise a client! And blaming the client is even worse, sounds like the therapist hadn't a clue what she was doing.
Go ahead and use the hot wax! Your clients will thank you and will be more likely to ask specifically for you as it will be less painful for them.

It is horrible that anyone should have to experience discomfort, and bruising!
Training and common sense come a long way and it is not fair to say that strip waxing bikini/brazilian should never happen. If you are good at waxing you should be able to perform intimate waxing with hot AND strip wax just the same. Believe me, when you are working for someone else and ALL they offer is strip wax you quickly learn to adapt and wax clients to perfection without any unpleasant incidents.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds like agony both for the clients and for you having to endure this " training" ...

I'm sure some in house training sessions can be really good but this sounds like it's terrible.

You clearly know that it should be done much better and that using a good quality hot wax with good training is the best way for intimate waxing. There are a few really good therapists that use strip wax and with years if experience do it really well, but for most of us we prefer to use non strip waxing for these treatments.
This is a great example that you really can't cut corners when it's comes to good training and clients won't return or recommend the salon if this is the standard for these treatments.

Whilst it's probably not easy I hope you can persuade your boss to invest in some training for you and let you use non strip waxes....

Good luck !!

Latest posts

Back