Invoicing clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerry33

Reaction score
I have just been reading on the business link site about what records you need to keep for tax purposes.In the section for recording Sales it says you should have an invoice for each sale or payment recieved and these go to help support your Sales ledger( the record of clients payments),

Does anybody invoice their clients they do or make invoices for each client they do just to keep for record purposes?

I was hoping that just recording it down on a spreadsheet would be enough or could you use the clients record card as a record of work that has been done and what payment has been taken.

Any help or advice would be great!:confused::green:

An invoice for each client shouldn't be necessary for each client for a cash business.

Keeping a track of the services done and making sure that it matches what's in your till should keep a good enough eye on things.

You will need to make sure that you get a VAT receipt from any supplier you buy for. Sometimes if you buy things by telephone or online or from a catalogue you have to badger them a little to get a Vat invoice but it's will be worth it at the end of the tax year.

Some of the girls who have run a cash business for a while might be able to give you ideas as how they keep records (in the past i've always worked in non cash business capacities).

:hug:

I just have a small writing book,
i put the day and date at the top
then below i write each treatment and price payed
my accountant said it was fine,
looks like this
31st March 2008
manicure £15.50​
rebalance £21.50
full set £35.00
nail art £12.00
days total £84.00

i do this for each day,
then in the back of the book i keep a record of what i have taken at the end of each week hth​

Hi

I do exactly the same as Louby Lou, and my business advisor said that this was spot on. Provided you kep a record of all your sales, thats fine.

Buy a book, use a page per day, and write down all your treatments and retail sales.

Hi

I do exactly the same as Louby Lou, and my business advisor said that this was spot on. Provided you kep a record of all your sales, thats fine.

Buy a book, use a page per day, and write down all your treatments and retail sales.

Hi

I also get confused with all this. So what I have started doing is in my book I have a colomn for rebalance / full set etc and I write down each day what I have taken for different treatments. I also give a receipt to all my clients. I then keep another notebook which shows everything I have paid out (training, products etc) and I keep receipts for all these in a plastic wallet inside this notebook. Is that ok? My sister said I also needed to do colomns for petrol and the electricty bill as she said I can claim stuff back for that. i haven't done that though as I was starting to get all confused with it all. So what colomn headings do you use for eveything?

Thanks

Thank you guys for the advice i will just stick to recording everything i do and not bother with invoices!xxx

Thank you guys for the advice i will just stick to recording everything i do and not bother with invoices!xxx

It's always a good idea to have a receipt book handy in case anybody asks for one. I used to work for a firm who gave us a budget for getting massages for stress etc, so I always needed a receipt to claim it back.

I use the basic Quick Books program and record all sales via that.

I use the basic Quick Books program and record all sales via that.

Where did you get this from Cathie?

I used to use Quicken myself, but am looking for a new one.

I do the same as louise write the date, treatment, price and the accountant does the rest, I also put mobile or salon beside it. (for checking milage)

Latest posts

Back