IPL: Has anyone had it done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glossygirl89

Reaction score
(Apologise if in wrong category!)

I've got excessive hair on my face and debating on getting IPL hair removal. I'm hairy all over but the main place I would want to get this done is on my chin. I've had hormonal tests to see if it is due to hormones but everything is normal so I'm thinking I'm just a hairy person!

The hairs are really dark & I am fair skinned. At the moment I am just plucking the hairs.

Basically I am wanting to know if anyone has had it done? Did it work for you? How many sessions did you have?

Thank you!xxx

(Apologise if in wrong category!)

I've got excessive hair on my face and debating on getting IPL hair removal. I'm hairy all over but the main place I would want to get this done is on my chin. I've had hormonal tests to see if it is due to hormones but everything is normal so I'm thinking I'm just a hairy person!

The hairs are really dark & I am fair skinned. At the moment I am just plucking the hairs.

Basically I am wanting to know if anyone has had it done? Did it work for you? How many sessions did you have?

Thank you!xxx

Hi

I have had it under my arms and on my bikini line. Found it gave great results - don't have hair on my face so not tried it there.

Six sessions is usually enough to get rid of most of it - you may need more if it is stubborn!:hug:

I'm currently having my armpits done, I'm six sessions in and starting to see bald patches. Therapist did say I'd need 10/12 sessions, just rebooked for the next 4 on a deal.

I'm so pale skinned I'm almost blue and my hair is dark which is the perfect combination apparently so I'm optimistic

One of my clients had facial hair similar to yours removed with excellent results

I would recommend it

Sorry to hijack your thread but how much does this kind of treatment usually cost as I have the same problem :cry:

So to start with had peach fuzz on my side burns which really annoyed me so i started waxing , which eventually made the hair darker... I then got fed up and went to a local salon who did IPL but the therapist talked me into having my half face treated as it was a better deal that just side burns.. So she shaved where I didn't even have hair.. :((( I paid £150 per treatment for 9 months but the hair just did not budge .. (my regrowth was still finer)
So then I decided to go to a trustworthy company, I chose sk:n clinic... And iv had my 8th treatment this month and I am really happy with the results .. I can feel fine hair on my face but I'm not elvis anymore
They used YAG LASER I think it's higher and stronger as I'm Asian but it worked wonders..

I would recommend SK:N .. Book a consultation .. And see how it goes..

And sorry for the long story.... Loolz x

Thanks for the replies! The treatment sounds promising :)

I think I will definately look for a reputable company & at least have a consultation. Do you hav to grow the hairs much in between treatments??xxx

Thanks for the replies! The treatment sounds promising :)

I think I will definately look for a reputable company & at least have a consultation. Do you hav to grow the hairs much in between treatments??xxx

You have to shave them as often as you like. You are not allowed to wax, pluck or use hair removal creams but can shave. The day of the treatment you need to shave. The hair needs to be at skin level, not longer so you don't have to worry about going around with a mo or beard..:green:

Sorry to hijack your thread but how much does this kind of treatment usually cost as I have the same problem :cry:

I got a Groupon deal which was 6 sessions for £120, I've finished those and negotiated another 4 for £120 which is cheaper than their advertised price of £40 per session.

I know Groupon has lots of unhappy customers with companies going bust before vouchers have been claimed, and some shoddy treatments but I've not had any problems. At least with IPL the treatment in that salon will be the same no matter what the price, I guess with a facial, massage, etc. there could be the temptation by those less scrupulous to skimp on those paying less. You can't really skimp on the IPL

HI there do NOt shave the face, trim with a fine nail scissors, getting to rx (treatment 1 ) is the hardest for that reason, shaving is NOT advisable, defintiely find a reputable company in the area that uses Medical grade laser as opposed to IPL, IPLK is grand, it will work but it takes longer etc and for the face where the results cannot be guaranteed as other parts for the body can be (i.e no one should tell you 6 treatments is 100% all you will need in particular for the face this is certainly not always the case-considering you are a habitual plucker id reckon there-sorry-may be even more hairs present than you may realise) The yag is an great piece of equipment as said by another geek however is ideal for skin types 3 plus (fitzpatrick skin typing system)( as the weavelength is catered for that phenotype, however there are numerous types of Yag made by many many companies, again get consults research , Groupon is not he way id recommend going for hair removal of the face
x

I have had great results with the yag laser also,
I don't worry about hair anymore and I don't have to pluck!
Most places will do you a package but for best results expect to need up to 12 sessions xx

HI there do NOt shave the face, trim with a fine nail scissors, getting to rx (treatment 1 ) is the hardest for that reason, shaving is NOT advisable, defintiely find a reputable company in the area that uses Medical grade laser as opposed to IPL, IPLK is grand, it will work but it takes longer etc and for the face where the results cannot be guaranteed as other parts for the body can be (i.e no one should tell you 6 treatments is 100% all you will need in particular for the face this is certainly not always the case-considering you are a habitual plucker id reckon there-sorry-may be even more hairs present than you may realise) The yag is an great piece of equipment as said by another geek however is ideal for skin types 3 plus (fitzpatrick skin typing system)( as the weavelength is catered for that phenotype, however there are numerous types of Yag made by many many companies, again get consults research , Groupon is not he way id recommend going for hair removal of the face
x

I'm curious as to your reasons behind not shaving.

Hi there I see you were curious to my reasons behinnd NOT shaving the face
I understand that a lot of people and majority of clinical studies state that shaving does nto stimulare hair growth that it is merely trimming the hair superficially above the SC, no different to cutting, however I from personal experience and from workign with Laser and IPL for years have seen first hand the difference in the clients that shave or do not shave, this applies to ALL parts oif the body...it also comes back to simple stories such as " I WISH I HAD LISTENED TO MY MOTHER WHEN SHE SAID NOT TO SHAVE MY UPPER THIGHS"...THE RESULT often being hairs that were not present beforehand!!!!!
If you disagree thats prefectly fine I and my fellow laser techs have asked people not to shave and then shave as trials and our opinion is -no shaving !!!!
Id welcome any ideas as to why etc as it baffles me daily!!!

Latest posts

Back