Is a tan dangerous when having a cesarean?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You girls are making me laugh out loud. Am currently in hospital after having an operation. Have just caught sight of myself in the mirror and am now wishing I'd had a spray tan, I have never looked so pale!

Perhaps a new marketing idea, Pre-surgery spray tans?? ;)

Hope you have a quick recovery Lilypie x

I was told not to wear fake tan before my c-section (my midwife knew I always wore it) simply so the surgical team could see my natural colour and if there was any change throughout surgery and afterwards as your colour gives an indication to complications apparently! ! Im sure a few days before will be fine, as it comes off quite quick! But as to it effecting surgery it will be fine as the area is cleansed x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Well that's a point - she'll look all healthy and glowing and maybe a poorly grey colour underneath!!!!
Haha, I'm half joking here, but I do get why the hospital would say that! Well I'll tell her what we've all discussed and let her be the decider - I'm pretty sure she'll be going in a glam mummy to be though!! Thank you xx

Sorry must of overlooked this! Twll her to have it Friday, she will still me tanned but will have faded by Monday! Oh an the surgical team also told me its not just that shellac/varnish etc interferes with the machines its that when there's a mega emergency they press fingers/toes to check colour change. ... .?? (I spend at lot of time at hospital before and after my princess was born lol) x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe ask her if she's planning on breast feeding?!
If so the baby will be in close contact with her skin for long periods of time and as a newborn I wouldn't advise it.
For breast feeding mums that have older babies I will only spray tan with a bra/bikini on
Hth

Thanks everyone, what a funny thread this turned out to be - loving the "pre surgery tan" idea, haha!!
She had a chat with her midwife and they said a tan is absolutely fine and apparently quite common before labour (who knew!!) but said, as we've all said, no polish, gel, shellac or anything else on finger nails - toes nails are fine though.
Thanks for all the replies - given its "quite common", definitely think we should all jump on the "just because you're having a baby, no need to drop the beauty regime" band wagon... haha! xx

Latest posts

Back