Is acne curable with medication or expensive facial products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried everything, the oxytetracycline, duac, another topical gel, facials and proper skin care. I was just going to be put on the roactain sorry about all my spelling. When I was diagnosed with gluten intolerance. Within a month of cutting out gluten my acne was gone and if I do eat gluten now I get a breakout. Obviously this isn't the case for everyone but it is a symptom of food intolerance so could be a route to investigate for anyone who has tried everything else.

I think so often medication is thrown at a skin condition and there can be an underlying cause which can get ignored. My daughter had had serious persistent breakouts but I'm afraid I find the doctors very uneducated about skin and it's just a topical treatment or the pill. She is reacting to SLS which is in nearly every face wash for oily/acne skin and in most shampoos. Her skin had cleared dramatically with no medication x

I should add that if he cuts out the pizzas and terrible foods it helps too, but a 16 year old boy has to be very committed with washing routine too for it to look a lot better, and he can do it, but not for more than a couple of weeks.

I think so often medication is thrown at a skin condition and there can be an underlying cause which can get ignored. My daughter had had serious persistent breakouts but I'm afraid I find the doctors very uneducated about skin and it's just a topical treatment or the pill. She is reacting to SLS which is in nearly every face wash for oily/acne skin and in most shampoos. Her skin had cleared dramatically with no medication x

I found that too, I went back a few times a month but they just want to throw drugs at the symptoms with no care for the cause

Can I ask what shampoo she uses? Xx

Can I ask what shampoo she uses? Xx

Sorry for the delay. She uses a range from a company called Avalon. I would also add that skin irritants can be found in some mineral make ups so you may be thinking you're using something great on your skin but if they contain a product called bismuth they may just make a bad situation worse. Bismuth is actually in a range that markets itself as a very pure skin friendly make up!
The difference in my daughters skin was noticeable in 48 hours.

Vicki x

Sorry for the delay. She uses a range from a company called Avalon. I would also add that skin irritants can be found in some mineral make ups so you may be thinking you're using something great on your skin but if they contain a product called bismuth they may just make a bad situation worse. Bismuth is actually in a range that markets itself as a very pure skin friendly make up!

Vicki x

Wow that's pretty amazing, I'll take note thank you Vickie x

Vicki x

Yes, I was using something that I thought was good for acne and it irritated me just applying it and it contains bismuth

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back