Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The college phoned me I dont have to do the theory test but I have to do the file and polish seems weird to me but oh well! If anyone thats done level 2 has any tips for what theyl be looking for let me know :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Try and do lots of practising and watch YouTube videos. Surely they'll realise you haven't trained yet and take that into account. Xxx

xXx-Charlene-xXx

Try and do lots of practising and watch YouTube videos. Surely they'll realise you haven't trained yet and take that into account. Xxx

Thanks ill have a look on youtube I take it the file is just neatening up the shape so there all even ect? And 2 coats of polish 1 top coat? I have no idea ha thats what I do on my own nails x
xXx-Charlene-xXx

Yeah exactly. Just make sure all the nails are the same length and look even. 2 coats of nail varnish and top coat should be fine for just a basic file and polish :) when do you have to do it? Xxx

xXx-Charlene-xXx

Yeah exactly. Just make sure all the nails are the same length and look even. 2 coats of nail varnish and top coat should be fine for just a basic file and polish :) when do you have to do it? Xxx

xXx-Charlene-xXx

Not till the 28th of August so I have time to practice :) x

Hi again, sorry about the long pause between comments there! I have two little monkeys that run me ragged so if I take a while to respond sometimes, please don't be offended!
Hello to a fellow Catherine, coco! :lol:
And Stephanie, you've got me worried now! I really don't understand how they can expect you to do a test before you've been taught? I wonder if this is the same at all colleges?! :eek:

Hi again, sorry about the long pause between comments there! I have two little monkeys that run me ragged so if I take a while to respond sometimes, please don't be offended!
Hello to a fellow Catherine, coco! :lol:
And Stephanie, you've got me worried now! I really don't understand how they can expect you to do a test before you've been taught? I wonder if this is the same at all colleges?! :eek:

I dont know it is really weird! Mayb its just a taster session not exam I dunno but every time iv phoned the college iv been told something different im just gunna prepare myself for everything!

I know the actual theory exam is just for level 3s now so at least im doing that! I think theres just been alot of confusion because they messed up the letter :rolleyes:

Most colleges do require a practical test I had to do a set with rollers for level 2 hair, it was fine, they just watched to see if you followed instructions and how we handled the hair
You'll be fine

I had to do the file and paint & A&P it is just to see how you follow instructions & the other is just read paragraphs and answer questions x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had to do the file and paint & A&P it is just to see how you follow instructions & the other is just read paragraphs and answer questions x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks doesnt sound to bad do they tell you what to do through the file and paint then? C

Watch a few videos on YouTube and have a practice, you'll be fine

im starting in september too :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: im soooooo excited and really just want to get on with it ha, ive been wanting to study beauty for atleast 2 years so itching to get started, my interview dates on 26th August so a long time off, already have my uniform from the previous year when i tried to study (but couldnt due to personal reasons). so all i need is my kit and books :D :D is anyone studying the VRQ? i applied for the NVQ from the college website but have been put onto a VRQ course ha, is anyone else wanting to go down a more holistic/massage route like myself? is anyone really nervous like me :/ im so scared of messing up treatments :/ sorry for all the questions haha im just so excited about starting :)

im starting in september too :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: im soooooo excited and really just want to get on with it ha, ive been wanting to study beauty for atleast 2 years so itching to get started, my interview dates on 26th August so a long time off, already have my uniform from the previous year when i tried to study (but couldnt due to personal reasons). so all i need is my kit and books :D :D is anyone studying the VRQ? i applied for the NVQ from the college website but have been put onto a VRQ course ha, is anyone else wanting to go down a more holistic/massage route like myself? is anyone really nervous like me :/ im so scared of messing up treatments :/ sorry for all the questions haha im just so excited about starting :)

Hey welcome im also doing level 2 beauty :) im not sure what route I want to go down really im going to see what treatments I enjoy most and then take it from there im not too nervous I abit nervous about eyebrow waxing because you can really mess that up ha I just want to get started now its going so slow! My taster session is the same day as your interview then Ill get my kit ect x

thankyou ;) yea im real nervous mostly for doing eyebrow and waxing treatments but its all practice iv also just bought the vrq study book to get a feel for the anatomy and physiology, what happens during your taster day then it sounds exciting x im only at the first stages of getting onto the course so awhile to go xx

Iv also got a workbook been having a look through in the evenings on the taster day apparently were doing team building exercises and have to do a file and paint on someone then ill enrol and get all my kit and uniform so excited but its just dragging ha it will be weird being back at college though im 24 now and haven't done any studying or anything since I was 16!

yea it really is dragging wish time would go quicker ha, as if youv got to do a practical last year when i was at my interview stages for the beauty course it was just a quick show around the colleges salon and meeting the tutors and ordering the uniform/kit. and yea im 21 and feel abit daft goin bk to college hope there not all 16 year olds ha xxx have you always wanted to do beauty then?:lol:

yea it really is dragging wish time would go quicker ha, as if youv got to do a practical last year when i was at my interview stages for the beauty course it was just a quick show around the colleges salon and meeting the tutors and ordering the uniform/kit. and yea im 21 and feel abit daft goin bk to college hope there not all 16 year olds ha xxx have you always wanted to do beauty then?:lol:

I no at first they said I had to do file and paint and a thoery exam!:eek: now its just the file and paint I think its to make sure were going to enjoy the course and are confident with people mayb. Yeah I did hairdressing when I was 16 but didnt stick with it because the people were so horrible ha then did body piercing but im a single mum now so need to get learning again! X

I have my enrolment date between 12-14th Aug can't wait! I start on 21st can't wait to get stuck in! I'm a bit worried though because I need to order my kit but I'm still waiting on my finance coming through, I hope it's here in time :) xxxx

xXx-Charlene-xXx

I have my enrolment date between 12-14th Aug can't wait! I start on 21st can't wait to get stuck in! I'm a bit worried though because I need to order my kit but I'm still waiting on my finance coming through, I hope it's here in time :) xxxx

xXx-Charlene-xXx

Same I havnt even had any financial forms yet and I dont get my kit forms till 2 weeks before college so dunno if ill get my stuff in time! Oh and also no childcare for the first month ha going to be fun x

Latest posts

Back