Is anyone starting college in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie13

Reaction score
I searched for a thread but the only one was years old not sure if anyone else is starting college this year but thought it would be nice to have a thread to chat about it and support each other? Hopefully im not the only one :p iv applied for beauty therapy level 2 havnt even had my interview yet so havnt really got much info on it yet!

<3 Stephanie <3

Im just finishing my level 2 and if I can offer 1 piece of advice its GET THIS BOOK !! Seriously though its been soo helpful with the coursework, I don't know what I would have done without it xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1400932701671.jpg
    1400932701671.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,065
Last edited:
Im just finishing my level 2 and if I can offer 1 piece of advice its GET THIS BOOK !! Seriously though its been soo helpful with the coursework, I don't know what I would have done without it xx

Thats so weird I was literally just looking up books and called the library to see if they had any (they didnt!) So you read my mind! Thanks ill definitely get that then :) how has your course been? I just wanna get started and find out more but still waiting for my interview hopefully it will soon! X

<3 Stephanie <3

Thats so weird I was literally just looking up books and called the library to see if they had any (they didnt!) So you read my mind! Thanks ill definitely get that then :) how has your course been? I just wanna get started and find out more but still waiting for my interview hopefully it will soon! X

<3 Stephanie <3

I borrowed mine from the college library so your college might have it.
My course has been brilliant, really enjoyed it so much so ive already applied for level 3 :D

You'll be amazed at how many of the coursework answers are in that book. The teachers actually asked a few girls where they got their answers from because they were so alike to the marking answers.

I borrowed mine from the college library so your college might have it.
My course has been brilliant, really enjoyed it so much so ive already applied for level 3 :D

You'll be amazed at how many of the coursework answers are in that book. The teachers actually asked a few girls where they got their answers from because they were so alike to the marking answers.

Oo ill definitely get it then and get some reading in before college starts :) ah thats good im planning on doing level 3 aswel if everything goes well :)

<3 Stephanie <3

No one else starting college in September? I need someone to be excited with :p im waiting for my level 2 book to come in the post and I just downloaded a revisions questions book on my kindle and geeez I have alot to learn it seems! Better get Reading :)

<3 Stephanie <3

Just double check which qualification you are doing before you buy a book. I got the NVQ book, but then found out that they had changed the qualification to a City & Guilds. I thought I could get by with the book I bought but realised that it was much easier to work with the C & G book, so I had to buy that one too.
Hope you enjoy the course!

Just double check which qualification you are doing before you buy a book. I got the NVQ book, but then found out that they had changed the qualification to a City & Guilds. I thought I could get by with the book I bought but realised that it was much easier to work with the C & G book, so I had to buy that one too.
Hope you enjoy the course!

Thanks im not sure what book the college will be using yet but I found a nvq book on ebay for £2 wich would have been £20 new so thought I may aswel get it and have a little read so im not completely clueless when I start! :p

<3 Stephanie <3

Just got my interview letter yay its in 3 weeks I seem to be the only one starting in September but oh well had to tell someone :p

<3 Stephanie <3

I'm just finishing level 3 but wanted to wish you all luck! It was the most interesting 2 years of my life to say the least lol, I was in with a great bunch of girls and learned so much. Great idea for a thread though. Hope u enjoy your course x

Oh and just to add to the subject of books it may help to get the anatomy and physiology one too. It saved me when I had to learn about all the systems of the body and label diagrams of skin and nails x

Oh and just to add to the subject of books it may help to get the anatomy and physiology one too. It saved me when I had to learn about all the systems of the body and label diagrams of skin and nails x

Thanks I ended up getting beauty therapy level 2 by Lorraine nordman I think thats her name! It's got a good section on anatomy and physiology but ill ask at my interview what book they use as it might be different :/

Any interview tips anyone? Was just going to wear black shoes and trousers and a smart top/shirt and nude nails hair up and nice but not really heavy make up!

<3 Stephanie <3

I'm hopefully starting Level 2 hairdressing in September, can't wait! &#128513;

I'm hopefully starting Level 2 hairdressing in September, can't wait! &#128513;

Yay im not the only one ha have you got your interview or anything? I think ill probably end up doing hairdressing once iv done my beauty, I did hairdressing when I was 16 but never finished the course wish I did now! :what::rolleyes:

<3 Stephanie <3

I had my interview a few weeks ago and have been offered an unconditional place so I'm really pleased! I have an induction day next month so it's all set to go ahead apart from me needing to either reduce my hours at work or find a part time job. Did you do level 1 or 2 hair?

I had my interview a few weeks ago and have been offered an unconditional place so I'm really pleased! I have an induction day next month so it's all set to go ahead apart from me needing to either reduce my hours at work or find a part time job. Did you do level 1 or 2 hair?

Ah that's great my interview is on the 18th of this month :) think it was level 2 I did but not 100% sure it was about 8 years ago! I did about 6 months of the course then changed to an apprenticeship for a while but I had bad experiences with both! It really put me off hairdressing for years but now iv realised I do enjoy doing hair it was just the settings ect so hopefully will do it again after beauty :)

<3 Stephanie <3

I am starting my NVQ level 2 in September :) I abso cannot wait to start. I'm 28 now and leaving my full time job, it's quite scary but exiting all the same :) I have done a few day courses in tanning, waxing and make-up but want to gain my full qualifications now to move forward in the industry. Iv had my interview and have been offered a place and have my induction later this month :) Have they mentioned anything about funding to you?? They told me as I'm over 19, the government may not fund my tuition fees and I might have to pay them myself but just to wait and see what happens for now...

I am starting my NVQ level 2 in September :) I abso cannot wait to start. I'm 28 now and leaving my full time job, it's quite scary but exiting all the same :) I have done a few day courses in tanning, waxing and make-up but want to gain my full qualifications now to move forward in the industry. Iv had my interview and have been offered a place and have my induction later this month :) Have they mentioned anything about funding to you?? They told me as I'm over 19, the government may not fund my tuition fees and I might have to pay them myself but just to wait and see what happens for now...

Hey im 24 they said I should get my fees and childcare paid but im nor working at all atm so might be different because im on benefits? Aw it sucks everyone's already had there interviews I want mine now :p im planning on doing some day courses too definitely want to so spray tanning :) are you doing full or part time? Mines going to be 2 full days a week I believe x

<3 Stephanie <3

Well they said it's not for definate yet and just to wait and see but I hope it comes through because it's about £5-£6k and I just don't have that kind of money. If not, I will probably have to keep my job, delay college for a while and save save save! Fingers crossed eh!! They told me in my interview not to waste anymore money doing day courses because I will learn it all at college but if you have the spare time and money then it might be good so you can get a bit of experience before going to college?? Are you based in England or Wales? Xx

Good luck for your interview. I too have to pay for my course (which I expected as I currently work full time, am 21, and live with my dad) but apparently I can pay in instalments per term which will be helpful.

Latest posts

Back