Is Essential Nails Certificate Legal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tk Nail5

Reaction score
Hi There Peeps

Ive have just found this site its cool. Just wanted to know if any you guys know if the Home Courses with Essential Nails have legall certifacates. Due to me being new at this and finding nails intresting and would like to start a course for future changings.

Hope you can help me xx:hug:

Essential Nails courses carry a certificate on successful completion of their course. Theres is a company certificate issued by them.

There is no such thing as a 'legal' certificate for nails.

There are Company certificates that vary in how they are perceived by how reputable the company handing them out, is or isn't. Anyone at all can hand out a certificate.

There are also the government approved certificates .. but these too depend on the quality of the education behind them. Some are good and some are not so good.

The fact is there is no regulation in the industry.

Hi, welcome to the site.
Try to contact BABTAC or ANT or similar bodies that offer insurance and see what they say about it.
I personaly would recomend spending your cash on a foundation course with a product company. I use Creative for Liquid & Powder but they also do Brisa gel & Fabric fibreglass, they're fab. The knowledge and training you get with them is second to none. I like the fact that you actually spend time with, and get feedback from an educator.
Imho that's the best way to go.
Some of the other geeks on here like NSI or EZflow, you could spend hours searching thru this site for info if you wanted.
Hope this helps hun, and happy geeking. Welcome to the madhouse.:hug:

hiya,
i have trained with essential nails and have completed the acrylic overlay course. i now have my certificate and will be getting my insurance shortly with professional beauty direct. You only need a certificate and this proves that you have been approved by 'whoever' to do nails on clients and enables you to get your public liablilty insurance. So really all the different training schools etc. teach you more or less the same thing!

i would completely recommend essential nails, but make sure you do have practice on a 'real' model aswell as the nail trainer as this helps you out no-end... i used my mum & sis as models too..
I did my course over a year (due to having a busy job) but its great that you can sit down and practise whenever 'you' want to. They are very critical when assessing your work (which is a good thing!) and have helped me out whenever i've needed them.

i'll shut up now, lol :)

beki

geeg said:
Essential Nails courses carry a certificate on successful completion of their course. Theres is a company certificate issued by them.

There is no such thing as a 'legal' certificate for nails.

There are Company certificates that vary in how they are perceived by how reputable the company handing them out, is or isn't. Anyone at all can hand out a certificate.

There are also the government approved certificates .. but these too depend on the quality of the education behind them. Some are good and some are not so good.

The fact is there is no regulation in the industry.

What Geeg has stated is pretty much exactly what Essential Nails told me when i questioned them. I am undertaking a couple of their courses and they are very good. They have answered all my questions ~(some rather tricky - i never leave a stone unturned) very honestly and well. In their introduction book they state that there is no "legal" certification for nails as the industry is under no regulation from the government but that the course they offer, due to the amount of sets you need to complete before you submit your examinations makes it a good way to get into the art of nail technology - especially if you are unable to spare time to go on a course.

I am however going to do the Creative conversion course once I have gained my certificates because I would also like some practical experience - assessed by a "live" teacher before im let loose on the public, Im guessing im a perfectionist but i want to be very good, not just "ok"

So anyway, my experience with Essential has been great, and if you have lots of motivation (its very easy to buy the course and then procrastinate - it really does take A LOT of hours put in to get a small amount out) go for it - and definately ring them and ask them direct- they are lovely !

Lucy x

Latest posts

Back