Is guide colour relative to % DHA?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zo Zo

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I just need some reassurance. In fact I'll probably answer my own question, but anyhow, here goes...
I use Tantrick and I have the Apollo TC3
I don't do many tans :cry:
In fact my business is spread pretty much equally across all the 'normal' beauty treatments
I suppose my clientele are not tan-mad, they just have them for holidays and special occasions
However I wanted to offer something really good quality hence the brand and the machine
I have 5%, 8% and 10% solutions but the majority of my tans are 8%
I had a lady this morning who has been a few times before and I offered her 10% instead of 8%. She was happy, said she was going to ask me if I had anything darker than usual anyway.
Now... she didn't look very dark when I had finished but I told her that the guide colour is irrelevant as it is going to be washed off anyway. Please can someone confirm whether or not I am right?
The other thing is ... development time. I normally try to encourage people to have their tans in the evening and sleep in it, but this lady had the tan at 9am and is planning on showering off at 5pm. That will be OK won't it?
Sorry I realise I look a bit of a doughnut but I just don't do very many tans!
Thank you all in advance for your help x

You are right, the colour guide is irrelevant as they are all the same in the Tantrick range. The difference in the DHA%age is what matters, a 10% will develop quicker and deeper than the 8%, and really is a fandabidosey colour!!

I am like you and try to get people to have the tan in the evening and shower the next morning. Provided they have gone about 7 hours then that will be fine. If you have someone who only has about 3 or 4 hours to let it develop then another trick is to go up a %age, this will give a similar result to the lower %age with a full development time.

BTW I like doughtnuts :green: :lol:

Great, thank you so much. I feel better about it now. She's coming to see me again Monday so fingers crossed she loved the tan!:)

Latest posts

Back