Is it a messy job?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieBeautique

Reaction score
Hi

I really want to add spray tans to my treatment list but as I'm mobile, I just wanted to ask how people find it being mobile. I know lots of people do it mobile but is it a pain setting up the tent and machine just for one spray tan?

Do you clean it there and then or wait until you get home?

Have you ever had any tan get on someones carpet or Walls?

Just not sure if it would be ideal or not. Any advise appreciated thanks xx

Once you get used to setting up and clearing away, it only takes minutes. I wipe over my tent with cheap baby wipes to keep it presentable between clients and then give it a proper clean when I get home.

As long as you're careful, you shouldn't get any solution on carpets. I do have a waterproof sheet to go under my tent just in case. Your tent should contain any overspray, so you shouldn't be getting anything on the wall.

It always makes me laugh when people ask if solution will get on the walls, it makes me wonder if they are expecting to see the outline of their body permanently in their lounge!!! Lol

I find spray tanning one of the easier treatments for mobile. Once you get the hang of gettin the bloomin tent back in its bag it doesn't take long at all and everything you need fits in a suitcase/holdall thing.

I did have the misfortune of getting solution on a clients carpet when I first started-I was mortified! But I wiped up what I could with baby wipe and came around the next day with my carpet cleaner and the carpet looked better than every and the client even wanted to pay me for cleaning her carpet :eek: But as long as your careful you wont get solution on walls, carpets- it will all go in the tent.

Spray tanning is my favourite treatment - it is addictive! :hug:

I started spray tanning 8 years ago and on my very first client got tan solution on her cream carpet :eek: Luckily it was my sis-in-law and she was really good about it...never made the same mistake again.

I love spray tanning and find it really easy and quick to set up/pack up, certainly quicker than any other treatment I offer mobile :hug:

I always carry a waterproof sheet to place under my tent if I'm doing the tan on carpet, it's the one I used to use under my sons high chair, I love doing tans, it takes about 30 mins to set up, spray, pack away & be out!! I get new clients to fill in consultation while I set up & ask existing clients to check through details & sign & date to say all previous details are still the same x

I love doing the tanning as you can be in and out in no time and it's not a messy treatment. Other week I went to a house set up, sprayed three people and was packed up again within half an hour. It was a friends house so i then spent an hour there after chin wagging lol :)

No its not a messy treatment its very swift and easy to set up and pack away. I do same as majority of techs on here. I wash my tent properly aprox once per week i sponge it with hot soapy water and mop the bottom out then leave to dry over night, but wipe down in between clients.
I also put a sheet down to put tent on, aslong as your careful and take twoels to cover outside the tent also where you will stand and make sure you sort your gun and solution inside the tent before and after your clients tan its highly unlikely your going to mark the clients carpet. Stand your cups etc on yor own towels or plastic bags and you wont go wrong. Your training will show you how effortless it really is x

As the others have said its quick and easy, take extra care pouring solution and use plastic sheets to set up on and your good to go.

Annie xx

Thanks everyone. Just need some money now so I can set up in tanning. Would be great to get going with it before Christmas but business has been a little slow last month :( thanks again xx

I have an off-cut of this sort of stuff (roll end from dunelm mill so you know which way is up as it were - mine looks like grass but you get the idea)

Table Protectors | Table Coverings | Dunelm Mill

A cheap shower curtain (asda do them for about a quid) will do the job

I too, wipe with cheap baby wipes and proper clean at home. The cats are just about used to seeing it up in the kitchen!!

Latest posts

Back