Is it bad to keep having gels on 24/7?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thearobertsxo

Reaction score
I have normal to week nails, so I use gel to strengthen them and I also like gel anyway.
I never like to leave my gels off as my nails break and snap even with strengthener on.
Just wondering if it’s really bad to have a set of gels on then soak them off properly then have another set put straight back on, then soaked off then on again etc etc??

P.S I am a qualified level 3 beautician and trained in opi gels, just double checking as I’ve heard you nails need to “breathe” and I’ve heard it makes no difference

I think with acrylic nails you should let your nails breath. But with gel polish I suspect it would be fine.

Nails don't breathe, they have no lungs

It's perfectly fine to have properly applied back to back sets, there is no need to soak off and re-do, thats usually for the tech to make more money. I would only soak off if there was an issue such as bacterial infection present, or damage due to breakage. As long as any lifted material is removed and the new structure created correctly you can continuously wear without issues.

Latest posts

Back