Is it cheeky or is it just me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline90

Reaction score
Ok so I got a text from a girl that I know a good few years.. I haven't spoken to her in awhile because she has turned into a right snob and turns her head when I pass her..for no reason at all!! Anyway she texted me today and said she had saw some of my gel nail work and wanted me to do a set for her as she was going in holiday but she said she did not want to pay the full price as she was broke.. I charge 30euro for a full set of gel nails including any designs which I think is reasonable enough!! I found it very cheek and just said that I charge 30euro to everyone and if i charged her less everyone would want the same. Am I the only one that thinks this is cheeky? Should I just do a set for her for less it not? Xx

No.

And yes it is cheeky.

Thank you.. I taught it was just me!!

If she was that broke she would not be going on holiday :rolleyes:

Seriously - You have your price and she can either pay it or not - her choice. I think you did exactly the right thing . I would not change my price

Hi hun I too think this is cheeky, if she is not willing to pay for the nails then she doesn't get them. At the end of the day she couldn't walk into a salon and tell them she is skint so could she have them half price!! It's just rude! :)

Don't do it!! :)

We have all sorts of people as nail clients...
People who we know, people we have never met, nice people, nasty people, polite, cheeky, rich, broke...... it doesn't matter, THE PRICE IS THE SAME! Don't do it.

p.s, you should be charging more for nail designs ;)

If she was that broke she would not be going on holiday :rolleyes:

^^
I felt like saying that to her :rolleyes:

I just told her that its 30euro for a full set either way.. im sure she can afford to get her nails done if she can afford to go on holiday!!

I wont be doing them unless she pays the same as everyone else..

I dont think im being unreasonable as i dont charge extra for designs as i should..

thanks for the comments guys :) xxx

Does she phone the airline up and ask them if she can have her seat cheaper than the other passengers?

The cheek of it! Some ppl will chance anything! Definitely a big no! €30 is fantastic! Let her try find someone else as cheap! I don't reckon you'll be sad to not have her custom

I wouldnt think so..

i can safely say i wont be doing them for any less then what i already charge..

Thanks for the advice ladies :)

xx

Ughhh that is so cheeky to ask!! Doooo not do it unless she pays the full price!

I'm just heading to Tesco now, I think I'll tell the Checkout assistant I'll not be paying full price because I'm broke, and see if she is feeling generous x

How cheeky!! xx

Does she phone the airline up and ask them if she can have her seat cheaper than the other passengers?

:))))))) Laughing very hard on that one!!
I think you should charge her full price and add a few, tell her you raised your prices last month, because your costs have went up since the last time she came in last year!

Yep very cheeky... And I agree with everyone's comments, stick to your guns and if she can't afford it then pfft no nails!

Downright rude, good on you for standing your ground :hug:

Not a problem I can do them for half price how does that suit you? Tell me which five fingers you would like me to paint?

Not a problem I can do them for half price how does that suit you? Tell me which five fingers you would like me to paint?

Fabulous! I must try that one next! xx

cheeky bint!

i can't believe the gall of the woman..

So cheeky!!
I used to feel so guilty asking people for money (I work part time from home as well as having another full time job) because they would sit in the chair and tell me about how skint they were. I would always knock money off until one day I thought....hang on a minute? You're skint? You're the one treating yourself to a mani, pedi and spray tan! I'm the one who'e skint, otherwise I wouldn't be spending my Friday evening listening to your sob stories when I could be out drinking wine!! lol
You lower your prices once, she'll expect it all the time - stick to your guns!! xx

Latest posts

Back