Quantcast

Is It Me.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

kelli-marie

Reaction score
I just want to ask a question which might appear siily.
Ive just recentley qualified as a nail technician and i learnt the blending with tip blender using a file by hand.
Do many of you use this or do you use the electric file, i just wondered what was more popular as i keep seeing them used in alot of salons.
I no this might seem like a really thick question to ask but i just wondered.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
i blend my hand. You often see it in the salons coz it makes it faster and they can turn their clients around quicker and cheaper!

Kellyc

Reaction score
Definately do it by hand more because if i personally was to use an electric file i would end up taking the natural nail plate off as well i can get quite file happy at times!!! I prefer it by hand and it will always be that way x x

kelli-marie

Reaction score
I thought so i totally agree.I had a client come to see me to show what had happend to her.
On her middle finger she had a blood blister from someone using one of these electric drills, they had burned right through her nail plate, i said it was down from swearing to much lol.
Anyway thanks guys im glad its not just me.

FatalAttraction

Reaction score
i use a nail file much more control :cool:

caza

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else, i would never need to use an electric file as i do most of the work with my brush, so you barely file to get an even finish. When it comes to rebalance time i would still only use my hand file, nothing more.

JackieMc

Reaction score
I blend the tip by hand.

However, I would love to see (up close) how an electric file is used for chanelling out the smile line in a rebalance as I'm sure (in properly trained hands) this could be useful. I've seen it from a distance and it looked pretty clever.

Mrs Gadget

Geeky Princess
Reaction score
I use hand file too, have an electric drill but only use it on a rebalance never on a full set or new nail.

Jue xx

Latest posts