Is it okay to NOT use tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassiec01

Reaction score
I have found it to be much quicker for me to just sculp length onto a nail rather than apply a nail tip. Is this okay to do? Or do I NEED to put a tip on and then an overlay? BTW I do not to pink and whites, just clear/pink

I think its okay what ever you do to be honest. It is alot easier to sculpt as you then don't have to apply tips and blend. It certainly saves time as well. I think there are only certain times you would have to apply tips to someone's nails and that's if they have a certain shape nail, for eg, a skijump nail would be better to have a tip and overlay put on.

I still haven't perfected my sculpting yet, but i agree its sometimes better to sculpt. It also doesn't matter that you don't do pink and whites at the moment. Maybe you should make that your next challenge.:)

cassiec01 said:
I have found it to be much quicker for me to just sculp length onto a nail rather than apply a nail tip. Is this okay to do? Or do I NEED to put a tip on and then an overlay? BTW I do not to pink and whites, just clear/pink
It is absolutey fine for you to Sculpt!! The only time you really need to tip & overlay is when doing a cannibal...you do not want to be putting L+P onto skin which you would be doing if you tried to sculpt a really bad nail biter - that is when tip and overlay is a must! We TEACH tip and overlay because it is easier and sculpting is a true art! If you can sculpt - go to it... you should charge more (due to the technique), and yet the cool thing is, you are not using tips (which cost the most) so you are making better money all round!!

Latest posts

Back