Is level three the way for me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becca whitty

Reaction score
hi evryone,i finished my level 2 20yrs ago(i know its probably longer than some of u have been born lol)i worked in a salon.then mobile,then decided to have a family. two children later,i have started to try to build a small clientel,but feel that i have lost my confidence. ive looked at refresher courses at sallys,particularly in colouring,but they seem to be unavailable in my area and expensive.ive approached my college and have sent an application for level 3,ide love to broaden my knowledge and clientel,could anyone give me an insight as to whether this is the right way to go?(sorry bout the essay xxxx)

hi evryone,i finished my level 2 20yrs ago(i know its probably longer than some of u have been born lol)i worked in a salon.then mobile,then decided to have a family. two children later,i have started to try to build a small clientel,but feel that i have lost my confidence. ive looked at refresher courses at sallys,particularly in colouring,but they seem to be unavailable in my area and expensive.ive approached my college and have sent an application for level 3,ide love to broaden my knowledge and clientel,could anyone give me an insight as to whether this is the right way to go?(sorry bout the essay xxxx)

Hi becca , dont be worried about age at all :hug: loads of us are older on here including myself lol :D level three I thought was more business orientated knowledge that you would find useful for running a salon eg...stock control health and safety loads and loads of paper work about following salon procedure for staff grievances , risk assesment ect...
you also have to plan and do a compulsory promotional show for the salon have meetings take notes and log minutes of the meeting as part of your portfolio the show involves big hair, false hair, make up costumes a short performance themed with music ect which you fund yourself
all of this may not be of much help to you if you are mobile
plus the paperwork will take up so much of your time it can be draining :cry:
by the time mine was finished I had cobwebs in the house as I had so much to do ,
but if you are looking to be employed a lot of employers like level three stylists , thats if you like all of the above too ,
you may like the advanced colour correction part in the level three,

but most colleges have advanced colour classes and colour correction on their own without doing the level three

you could also do all your advanced colour, colour correction and cutting at Sallys training days or Salons Direct they have loads of one day advanced training courses
just pick up a brochure from your local store :hug: hth x minky

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!! 100% i am 25 and got my own BARBERS salon when i was 20, i ran it for 4 years and decided that i wanted to get back into ladies hair, SO .... i was already qualified lv2 and thought thati'd do level 3 to refresh and also it looks better when applying for jobs,,, when i started the course of course i was the oldest ( i know you are older again) but seriously it will not matter, it was great and you'll love it because it is what you want to do, i found it so interesting learning this time round as when i did lv2 i was just wanting to fly through it and get a job asap!!
i learnt alot, inc, hair extensions, colour correction, advanced colouring techniques, funky cuts, allsorts which is great for your mobile , i now work in salon 3 days and am senior stylist due to my lv3, and do mobile 2 days which pays really well due to extensions and colours
best of luck hope you get what you want xxxxxxxx:hug:

level three is the way for everyone these days. . if u applied for a job wit a level two and sum1 came along wit a level three, they will automatically get favoured. . . level three goes alot more in depth, and with ur wealth of experience from over the years i am sure u will sail through it. . . you go girl. . x

Latest posts

Back