Is microdermabrasion a popular treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhaylzxx

Reaction score
Well as the title says really? I've been looking at skinbase which looks quite good with pay as you go? Have you had any experiences with them? DermaCo contacted me today aswel any thoughts on them with their six in one machine?

No. It was initially but I'm thinking of sending my micro machine back to skinbase. I am going to have 1 last go at generating interest then it's off. It's a shame as I love having it done, but I can't keep paying the minimum charge every week if I'm not getting anyone I for it. We don't get a lot of call for facials altogether.

The skinbase deal is fantastic though, the training, support, and general contract is exactly what it says on the tin.

I'm sure it would be great for some salons, but I'm not sure it's for mine.

Is the contract for 6 months?if so it might be worth ago it's not that longer contract if it doesn't take off.

I've just ordered the skin base machine, we get trained on 23rd April in salon! There support already has been amazing! I initially asked on Facebook if anyone would be interested and I had loads of comments saying people would try it! Like you say it's only 6 months and you get the first 2 weeks free so you can try it in regular clients for cheap to get then interested! I'm really looking forward to start :)

I think I may do the same and enquire on Facebook. Quite excited to introduce an electrical facial I wanted caci but a change in circumstances mean I just can't take it on at the moment it too much of a risk. Are you getting results with this treatment?

Well here's my experience- gauged interest with my clients last year and they were all really excited and had loads of enquiries about it. Then I got my machine (skinbase payg) and had no clients whatsoever, for 3 months!!
Ended up having to drop the price and still no takers, then I decided to send my machine back. Had a last minute change of mind and kept it, announced it was staying and had my first customer who booked a course and have 4 more booked in with new clients next week!

I can highly recommend Skinbase as a company, Richard is great and their overall service is excellent x

I had skincare for about 18 months and to start with I had clients booking in after about 6 months I found no-one really wanted in but I kept with it, I ended up sending my machine back because I decided to rent an iPl machine instead because the skin base was just sitting there. A week after I send the Skinase machine back 2 people asked about micdodermabrasion so I bought a second-hand crystal clear. After1 treatment I couldn't believe the difference between skinbaseand crystal clear that monthafter using crystal clearing looked into their training. In then bought a brand new crystal clearmachine did their training and that was just after Xmas and ckients are loving the results even thothat had the skincare before have been saying about it. With skinbase it cost £12 a treatment with crystal clear if u buy in bulk it's £5.00 a treatment. I personally would have a treatment before going. I chargeable for crystal clear than I did skincare soil making a lot more money.
Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek

Skinbase are great! Fab when you are just starting out and want something low cost xxx

I've just rung them and waiting for the trainer to ring back and sort out a date :)

Skin base is an amazing i have a lot of clients on a course at the moment or clients that have it as a one off treatment. The training and the customer services is second to none.

At Carlton Professional we find microdermabrasion to be our most popular treatment! We have a range of machines available at various prices, not as expensive as you might think. All are British made and come with a 5 year warranty.

Visit the website, and give us a call for a chat 01903 761100

Www.thecarltongroup.co.uk

Hi guys we've had skin base since Xmas the clients love it! Great company, Had a lot of brides on courses before their wedding. We do buy 6 get 7 one free and also if you have a week were no one is booked in, run a competition to win a free treatment, you have to pay for it anyway! It has also been good to link sell my Dermalogica products!

I've had the skinbase machine for the last 2 weeks and the response has been amazing. Far better than I thought and it's also helped me retail my Eve Taylor skincare products too. My clients are loving the results and I have lots of them book onto a course of treatments also.
I can't fault this company as the customer service, training and support has been fantastic up to now.:biggrin:

How long did it a&e for the trainer to ring you back and book your training? I think I rang on Tuesday and was told 2-3 days and I've heard nothing yet.

How long did it a&e for the trainer to ring you back and book your training? I think I rang on Tuesday and was told 2-3 days and I've heard nothing yet.
Hi xxhalzxx,

Our trainers are busy with the spring rush now but you still should have heard from someone within 3 days. If you are in Derbyshire like your profile says then Helen is your trainer.

I've searched against 'Hayley' and 'Derbyshire' but can't see which one is obviously you. Please PM me your salon name and postcode and phone number and I'll find out what is happening and check we have the right number for you.

thanks,
Richard
MD, SkinBase

Latest posts

Back