Is my monomer making my nails blue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samlouise

Reaction score
I have only just started doing nails again after a eight year break and only just started using Creative products. (Did use Star Nails products eight years ago.)

I have had a few adverse comments about my nails having a blue tinge to them? Someone said it was because the momomer is purple.

What am I doing wrong - is my ratio wrong or something?? Can anyone help me?

Samlouise xx

You say you are using Creative - what are you using and are you buffing or applying a topcoat?

Hi Fiona

I use retention and perfect pink powder.

I do buff and the top coat is just clear.

Samlouise xx

Retention has UV filters in it to prevent premature ageing and at this time of year sometimes in the bright sun you can get a brightness - as in a nightclub. It should not be too obvious - the top coat you are using, does it have a blueish tinge to it to protect the nails from UV.

Does this happen on everyone all the time or is it just at this time of year and on certain clients.

i noticed when i first started using retention+ that all the nails i did looked blue tinged but dont notice that now at all:eek: the monomer i used before retention+ was clear.

You might be working a tad wet, hun. Do a few different beads on some tips or wax paper and take a look at the colour when it dries. The combination of purple Retention plus pink (is it perfect pink?) powder, if not the right ratio (ie too wet) - it may come out purple. You may notice a marbling effect as well. This happened to me when I first started working with the product. Not to mention, if there is too much liquid, and not enough powder, there may not be enough strength in the nail either.

Just a thought, give it a go and see if that's what it is. If you need some help on how to create perfect beads, here is a link to a tutorial on this site.

http://www.thenailgeek.com/preparation-application/8912-product-control-part-1-mix-ratio.html

HTH :)
Laura x

Scratchmyback is so right ... this is a mix ratio problem and you are working too wet. Read the tutorials on getting the right mix and you should clear up this problem in no time.

Thanks to you all for the advice - I will try working a little dryer and see how I go. However just done a rebalance using retention and flawless pink and it went really well. They looked lovely - there was a bit of marbelling but only my eye could see it i think. Its true that practice makes perfect. Far from perfect yet but getting better.

Thanks again

Samlouise xx

That's terrific.....most people have a hard time using Flawless Pink on it's own so if you found it OK you are well ahead of the game !

Laura

** Thank you, this really helps me as well - We're using all the Creative line in school (Retention monomer) and Boy is that "purple" :eek: I wasn't use to that either and the PW set I did (good thing it was on Me) was a tad "bluish/purple" hugh :confused: I will try using it Dryer next time - again thanks from me too :hug:

Latest posts

Back