Is my Shellac good enough to charge for?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekling

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Can you please give me some feedback on my shellac applications, I will try to add more pics than the 1st. I'm not sure if its good enough yet to begin charging, my cuticle line I always feel is abit messy.

I really want to get out there and begin working but I don't want to if I'm not good enough!

Please be honest with that you think!!

Hi... i think all you need to do is a wee tidy before curing with a pointed cuticle stick and bobs your uncle lol... you were more careful with your base colour than your gold but thats easily fixed, again before curing... well done xx

Hope these pictures work.. They are a mixture of mine and family's nails. More in my album!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Thanks Hun! Yeah I defiantly need to buy some of those, it's glitter on the ring fingers, is that what you mean by the gold? Xx

yes the glitter... i can't see your photos :sad: , though on ipad and tend to have problems seeing photos now and again, awk really wanted to see them too...

Ah are they working now? The links had doubled up on http xx

yeaaah! see them now, they look great... def time for some money i think! ... the first person to rebook and your confidence will grow... good luck xx

The is Hun! Ill make sure I pick up a few cuticle sticks, do you think charging £10.00 at first will work? Just to get some money in? Xx

Hi Geekling,

I think rather than use cuticle sticks as a back up to tidying sidewalls etc, work on getting that perfect paint line. It looks far more professional and you will feel more confident once you master this. What sets a professional apart is the ability to paint beautifully and I would really focus on practicing painting skills.

Also make sure and cap those free edges, this gives a nicer overall finish, this can be harder especially on short nails but the effect is better.

Cuticle work on some nails could be a bit neater, use those nippers for those flappy hangnails.

I'd avoid doing discounted rate at first, it's harder to then increase your price to what it should be. Start as you mean to go on, offer a professional job to clients and they should pay what the proper rate is.

Overall I think you have a good eye and just a tiny bit more tweaking and you should fly!

:hug:

Last edited:
Thanks Hun, yes it's defiently my painting that let's me down every time! Especially down at the cuticle, I can't seem to get that smooth edge everyone else gets there! Oh yes the cuticle work, most of the above have been on my own nails done quite quickly! But it's defiently something I'll keep in mind! The nippers scare me a little but that's something I'll have to sort! If it will make the nails look tidyer I'll do it! :) xx

Just bumping for any more feedback! :)

Definitely charge full price from the get go. If you're fully qualified then there's no reason to discount. I think your work looks very good. I cringed at JenBella's comment because she's right and I rely on my pointed wood sticks too much. Of course not having to use a wood stick is best, but if you have to use one to perfect your edges you should do it. The end result is important too.

Thanks Hun, I think I'm just going to have to go for it! It's hard but the more practice I get hopefully the better they will get!

Thanks again xxx

Latest posts

Back