Is there an answer to every "problem"...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailspirit

Reaction score
...or can it be that its just the way it is?! There is nothing you can do about it though of course you would like to?

I have a situation like that over here now. Have had a good friend of mine coming for gel application (Young Nails) for about 2 months now. Applications look fab for about 48 hours and then they start to lift. Until all of the gel is really loose except the free edge. It is really stuck from there. Either I use tips of natural overlay.
So every time she comes in I just have to remove all the old product and start all over again. Ohhh...its driving me grazy. Today will be her 4. time already inside 1,5 months!

I am doing my prep as usually and havent had a problem like that ever before...

When removing old product funnily her own nailplate looks kind of "moist". Usually after removing the product nails look rather dry?

I dont know what to do now. Should I keep trying the application or just say "honey no more"?

One thing I think about is that she uses Dr.Hauscka nail oil daily. Can a natural produst like Dr.Hauschka cause lifting?

Really hope anybody can help, feel so sorry for her and myself here...:rolleyes:

I honestly don't think enhancements are for everyone....some people either due to jobs, lifestyle or whatever just cant wear enhancements.

Do you have this with any other clients...?

A friend of mine had this problem with L&P she was on hormone replacement therapy implants. Thats where they put a slow release pill under the skin every few months.
She had the same thing with the moist nail beds.
She now has fabric wraps and loves them:lol:

Dont have this with anybody else.

She was here now and I removed the gels and gave a manicure and polish. Told her to come back in a while...really did not know anything else to do.

She is a quite active person though. Now in the winter skiing alot etc. And her hobby is to make jewlery...maybe she uses her nails a lot there?

Actually today one nail had cracked from middle like she had hit it somewhere really hard. Maybe she is abusing the nails without ever realizing it? At least she is not admitting it to me :)

I am going to take an L&P training soon so maybe I will try that on her...:rolleyes:

Thanks from replies Bagbuss and Susie:hug:

She is a quite active person though. Now in the winter skiing alot etc. And her hobby is to make jewlery...maybe she uses her nails a lot there?

I worked with jewellery importers & distributors at one time, and dealt with a lot of 'makers' and saw them in action.
I would be inclined to think it's her hobby, but can't say for sure without seeing what and how she does it, or what kind of jewellery she makes.
I would query her more on the subject. What solutions is she using during the process? Is she wearing gloves.....
And yes, this job WOULD be hard on nail enhancements. She 'may' be using her "jewels as tools" if you'll pardon the pun:wink2:

If you're not seeing it on other clients, then it's definately something she's doing or meds she's taking.

hth's
:hug:

Well she is making jewlery from different pearls etc. She had a silver jewlery course though...why didnt I think about that earlier?!? Dont´t know what kind of materials and liquids they use there but melting the silver probably means heat? Must be something from that!

She does not take any meds.

I will definately question her...

I think i am on the right track here:lol:. Feeling a lot happier already! It always helps to put your thoughts on "paper" doesn´t it:).

Thanks geeks, :Love: U!!:hug:

I tend to swap to acrylic if there's serious lifting with gel.
It has worked on every client so far.

Latest posts

Back