Is there any truth???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat Tov

Reaction score
Hi peeps, Our Spa Manager has told our therapists that they are not allowed to wear any form of nail enhancements regardless of how short, because our clients might react against them!!??? Correct me if i'm wrong but surley any treatments performed would not be long enough to effect anyone & I always thought enhancements could only have a reaction against the wearer. Can you back me up? am I right or is our Spa Manager? :rolleyes:

Nat Tov said:
Hi peeps, Our Spa Manager has told our therapists that they are not allowed to wear any form of nail enhancements regardless of how short, because our clients might react against them!!??? Correct me if i'm wrong but surley any treatments performed would not be long enough to effect anyone & I always thought enhancements could only have a reaction against the wearer. Can you back me up? am I right or is our Spa Manager? :rolleyes:

It sounds like the Manager wants to keep some kind of uniformity in the Salon. I'm not sure whether enhancements can affect clients, but long nails definitely will!

The majority of therapists have short natural nails, especially the ones that have to do massage treatments. It would be very uncomfortable for a client if the therapist has long nails whilsts doing a massage routine.

The other thing to bear in mind also is that some of the products used in the salon might harm the enhancements also. I guess some of the massage oils for example, might not be so friendly to nail enhancements?

why is it that people assume the enhancements have to be long?
lots of my clients are nurses, physiotherapists, beauty therapists, food workers etc, most of them have neat, short natural custom blended nail enhancements.
they have no need for enamel, they are less sharp than natural nails and they definately dont interfere with their job.
not everyone who does one of these jobs has beautiful long nail beds that look gorgeous on their own., they need a little bit of help, and that is where telented nail techs come in.
one of the reasons that brisa gel was launched was to be suitable for use in spa's, they are also a great look for therapists.
i cannot give a water tight answer, but i would be extremely suprised to hear of any possible reaction to someones nails...
much more likely to react to someone perfume:eek:
what next, no make-up
no perfume
no hand cream?!
this is the old chestnut of people not being updated about the newer innovations of the nail industry, like the fact that they aren't neccessarily stuck on with "glue" as a whole unit like the ones you buy in boots!
nurses stil tell people that they cant have "false nails"on when they have ops, because the genuinly still dont understand that the technology is different.
as long as nails are short enough for the pulsometer to fit onto the end of the finger, and that they are completely transparent to allow the aneasatist to check circulation there isnt a problem, but they treat them like wigs, piercings and false teeth!
if this were my boss, i would be inclined to request clarification on what he has said is possible, as im sure this is opinion not fact.
lastly, im almost positive that massage oils wouldnt do any harm to enhancments, im a beauty therapist and a hairdresser as well as a nail tech, and so far nothing has effected mine.

Nat Tov said:
Hi peeps, Our Spa Manager has told our therapists that they are not allowed to wear any form of nail enhancements regardless of how short, because our clients might react against them!!???

Correct me if I'm wrong but surly any treatments performed would not be long enough to effect anyone & I always thought enhancements could only have a reaction against the wearer. Can you back me up? am I right or is our Spa Manager? :rolleyes:

There is no way that a person wearing nail enhancements could adversely affect a client on whom she was performing a treatment just because she was wearing enhancements.

It is also extremely rare EXTREMELY RARE, that a client would ever be affected adversely by wearing nail enhancements and this situation would have been caused in the main by technician error and bad habits.

The manager just doesn't like enhancements and using ridiculous reasons for not allowing them to be worn. OK I can understand that they must not be a long length ... THAT makes some sense ... but her argument is rubbish.

geeg said:
The manager just doesn't like enhancements and using ridiculous reasons for not allowing them to be worn. OK I can understand that they must not be a long length ... THAT makes some sense ... but her argument is rubbish.

Thanks Geeg! My thought's exactly!! hee,hee & boy I can't wait to tell her...... :biggrin:

ruthw said:
Thanks Geeg! My thought's exactly!! hee,hee & boy I can't wait to tell her...... :biggrin:
lol, just be careful how you tell her!!:wink2:

Latest posts

Back