Is this fake Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myden

Reaction score
I have just seen this company selling Shellac,is it fake ? If not how is it allowed.?

I thought sweet squared and ellisons were the only uk distributors?

Last edited by a moderator:
No it is not legitimate and to that end I have removed the link.

What company? And yes Ellisons and sweet squared are the only distributors :) apart from the 2 centers in Scotland xx

Oh and here's another one

They both give addresses etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and here's another one

They both give addresses etc

Again I have removed the link.
We all know that the only authorised distributers are S2 and Ellisons so could we please not post links to unauthorised sellers as surely we don't want to promote their businesses when we know they are unauthorised and therefore don't know if they are selling the authentic product!

So where do they get it from?
How can they sell it cheaper?
Is it fake?

Absolutely no idea but I know it's a huge problem for CND and S2. It's always safer to buy from legitimate sources only.

So where do they get it from?
How can they sell it cheaper?
Is it fake?

It's usually from the US, if something in the UK is priced at £10 it's usually priced at $10 in the US.. For people who live over there with the cost of living it pretty much works out the same cost wise but for us here in the UK it seems cheaper with the exchange rate of $10 been around £6 to us. Sometimes if you buy and they come direct from the US they illegally mark the customs label as "a gift" which sometimes you strike lucky and get away with it, or sometimes you'll get caught and end up getting VAT and import tax slapped on making you no better off.. Or even worse off!.. Or sometimes you get companies in the UK who have already done the hard bit and already have it over here.. Then they price more than what they got it for yet still selling it cheaper than what it legitimately sells for over here, yet still avoiding UK tax laws.. Weather it's real or not, nobody knows, it's the risk you take.. And real or not, it's always very illegal, best off avoid doing it all together. Even if you got a real one, it's probably old and been sat there for a long time, and shellac contains solvents and when they evaporate off it gets thicker and thicker and really unworkable, so if you only manage to get through half of an old bottle before it becomes unusable then think again who really got the good deal here?

I agree about the US bit but these companies are in uk in sterling giving their addresses and look very legal they sell other brands and other CND products.

I disagree about it not lasting in the bottle. I have colours that I have had since the launch and hardly use they are still absolutely perfect! It's the ones that get used a lot that might thicken as it is opening and letting air in that causes thickening. That's why the top coat thickens the quickest!

Latest posts

Back