Is this nail OK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise2019

Reaction score
The rest of my nails are perfect but this was under my thumb. Bad I know. Is it ok to re apply acrylic or should I give it a few weeks?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    447.8 KB · Views: 267
I would not put anything on that nail at all!

That's just your average 'greenie', completely safe to reapply acrylic over.

One say yes and one says no ??? Not sure what to do.

Perfectly fine to apply product over a greenie (Pseudomonas) it's where bacteria has got under the enhancement, just make sure you give the nail plate a really good clean, and throw the file away after and make sure you disinfect anything else after, it'll grow out x

Perfectly fine to apply l&p over. The bacteria from a pseudomona dies as soon as it comes into contact with air. Clean the plate well with scrubfresh (or whatever nail plate cleaner you use) and apply product as normal. The green part will grow out with the nail.

Perfectly fine. One the air hits it, it kills the bacteria. Just make sure you scrub really well with scrub fresh and it's fine to reapply over xx

Agree, clean with scrub fresh and reapply acrylic. the colour will remain but will grow out.

Excellent thanks so much. Can I ask if any of you take a break from acrylics? I've had mine on about 3mths now and wondering should I give them a break....?

My understanding is that people think their nails need to "breathe" which is not the case, the nail gets all it needs from the nail matrix and bloodstream - someone will come along to correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as your nails aren't damaged and need a course of treatment like Ibx and regular manicures , it's fine to carry on with enhancements x

I should of added I've had mine on nearly 8 months [emoji52]

Thanks very much. Appreciate the replies.

I've got clients who have had their nails on for years.....I mean like 10+ ..... No break, no removal just continuous rebalancing x

The rest of my nails are perfect but this was under my thumb. Bad I know. Is it ok to re apply acrylic or should I give it a few weeks?
I read that if you have the "greenies", you should remove the product, soak nail for a couple minutes in white vinegar, dry, cleanse with alcohol/Scrub fresh and it's safe to reapply. Pretty sure I found the article on the NAILS website. Hope this helps!

There's lots of posts on greenies lol unfortunately it's common

Thank you for your help.

Latest posts

Back