Is this right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairdresser18

Reaction score
Hi I know this sounds silly but I use loreal colours and if a client had a tint of yellow hair, would i use the majirel mix neatralising colour blue on its own or would i mix it with a majirel colour?
Also with the majirel mix intensifying range should i use a 20vol peroxide on hair for highlights and how long would that last?
And another lol, if a client had say a shade of 6,45 and she wanted a nice bright red in it, I would use 30vol to maybe go to 6.66?

Thanks Guys, Just want different opinions
XX

I don't use Majirel, but rule of thumb across the board do NOT use blue to neutralise yellow, mix yellow and blue what do you get????? The joke about turning hair green? Thats the one!! Mauve ash will neutralise yellow, but as I say don't use Majirel so can tell you no more:eek:

Hi I know this sounds silly but I use loreal colours and if a client had a tint of yellow hair, would i use the majirel mix neatralising colour blue on its own or would i mix it with a majirel colour?
Also with the majirel mix intensifying range should i use a 20vol peroxide on hair for highlights and how long would that last?
And another lol, if a client had say a shade of 6,45 and she wanted a nice bright red in it, I would use 30vol to maybe go to 6.66?

Thanks Guys, Just want different opinions
XX
Just looked again, it depends what base that yellow tinge is on, but I wouldn't add the intense colours direct on top of that, use a base with the mauve ash, then maybe next time if the tinge is still there, add some intense colour.
The next question my hairdresser did use Majirouge on my hair, I'm a base 5, and she foiled alternate 20vol and 30vol, colour was stunning but as my hair doesn't hold colour well, it only lasted about a month.
If I used the equivalent in the brands I use would probably go for 30vol.

I'm sure there's plenty of Majirel Geeks on here that can help you more definately though :)

Mixtones are mixed with other colours before application, and are not designed to be used on their own.

For best results with majirouge/mode/contrast, use the lowest volume peroxide possible, even down to 10 vol if you don't need lift.

L'Oreal do a Violet toner which is brilliant. Make sure you check the instructions so you know how much to use in your mix.

do majirel colours go out of date?

The reason that formulation wont work is because the pure tones or boosters need color molecules to adhere to. Generally you can go as high as 1/2 and 1/2 but anything above that will not stick. Try using a color thats a shade or 2 lighter than your desired result, as not to get any levels out of the deposit....half pure tone, half color.

Latest posts

Back